Mirrored and inverted videos.

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Mirrored and inverted videos.

Postby Auster » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:53 am

I have just been asked to sort out some video footage into a few slide shows. I have converted the files to MPEG2 format from panasonic. When I view the images on Real Player they play well. When I select and click and drag the files into the Slide List panel from the Folders panel and play the show, ALL the files are inverted and flipped horizontally. Using PSG3, which is something I don't do very often nowadays, is this a quirk with the program or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Auster.

Re: Mirrored and inverted videos.

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:35 am

Enter "microsoft dv codec inverted video" into Google and see if any of those hits sound like the issue. Some time ago there were issues with the Microsoft codec that caused strange inverted and reversed images - not sure just what the status is these days, but that is what I remembered.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Auster » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:09 am

Thanks for that Mikey. I solved the problem by inverting the first video in the show and flipping it. A right click on both and select "Apply to all slides" has done the trick. I will have a look for the codec though. Thanks again.

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:08 am

I had not run into that issue with video I was working with, but I did remember seeing it come up some time ago in some of the video editing forums (Sony Vegas).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - General Discussion