PSG Randomize Motion Effects

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

PSG Randomize Motion Effects

Postby AndrewH » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:31 am

I spend lots of time undoing many Random Effects to take out all the rotates. Is there any way to allow Pan and Zoom at random but without Rotates.

Thanks for any advice.

Re: PSG Randomize Motion Effects

Postby debngar » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:51 pm

Here's a solution that works with Producer but I'm not sure if this works the same in Gold.

Apply one motion to the slides at a time to avoid the motion that is not wanted instead of applying the choice of "All Effects"

So....
1. Select the series of slides to which the motion is to be applied
2. Right click over one slide
3. Randomize Motion Effects > Select PAN

Then....
Keep the same slides selected and repeat the steps again except choose ZOOM if you wish to randomize ZOOM as well.

As a heads up, if any slide styles were previous applied to any of the selected slides, that motion will be changed as result.

Hope that makes sense. :)
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby AndrewH » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:18 pm

Thanks Debbie, I stumbled across that yesterday. I'm surprised it works because I would have thought one set replaces the other. However, a quick look through last night suggests that it does indeed work. Thinking about it, I guess it does because it is applying BOTH Pan and Zoom to each slide.

Postby debngar » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:05 am

AndrewH wrote:Thanks Debbie, I stumbled across that yesterday. I'm surprised it works because I would have thought one set replaces the other. However, a quick look through last night suggests that it does indeed work. Thinking about it, I guess it does because it is applying BOTH Pan and Zoom to each slide.

Experimenting on a set of test slides separate from the show one is working on to find solutions avoids messing up the work already done and having to go back to recreate the show if the results aren't as expected. In the process, I've often discovered new things I didn't know yet that turned out to be happy mistakes.

Glad you got it to work out as you wanted. :D
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSG - General Discussion