starting audio track

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

starting audio track

Postby johnny » Tue May 27, 2014 1:46 pm

I'd like to have an audio track begin somewhere other than at the very start of the slideshow, and I'd like the song to begin from its very beginning, but I'm having trouble doing that in ProShow Gold 6. I've looked up everything about audio in the user manual online, but I can't seem to figure it out. I'm hoping that someone can help me with this.

Thank you.

Re: starting audio track

Postby gpsmikey » Tue May 27, 2014 3:43 pm

There are two ways to get there (they accomplish the same thing). The first is to set the offset for the audio track to some positive number (in seconds). The second is to click on the "Timeline" tab at the bottom (as opposed to the "slide list"). You can then cntrl+click and drag the sound to where you want it on the timeline.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby johnny » Tue May 27, 2014 4:38 pm

Mikey,

Thank you so much for your response. The first way that you described worked perfectly.

Postby gpsmikey » Tue May 27, 2014 6:30 pm

One thing to consider if your audio does not start at the start of the show - people may crank the volume way up trying to hear the audio which then starts just as they get it turned all the way up (usually resulting in spilled drinks, frightened little children and other such things!! ).. Glad that worked for you - I tend to prefer the ctrl+click and drag since it allows me to see just where it is going to be relative to the slides.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - General Discussion