Adding slides to the middle of a show

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Adding slides to the middle of a show

Postby jedloyed » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:50 am

I have a wonderful 35 minute show of 252 images with the music spaced and timed perfectly and now I want to separate my file and add more images and music in the middle and still maintain the matched sequence I have now for the rest of the show. Can I do this without destroying my whole show? I'm using ProShow Gold 5.0.3310

Re: Adding slides to the middle of a show

Postby Bald Runner » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:26 am

Well I would say that it stands to reason that if you insert slides into the middle of an already synced show you are going to upset the balance. You would at the very least have to re sync the audio, or, change the timing of the existing slides slightly to accommodate the new additions without affecting the start and end time of the existing audio.

Mark
Photoshop CS6; ProShow Producer 7; Bluff Titler Pro;
Affinity Photo; Affinity Designer; Affinity Publisher

Postby ginger » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:17 am

It seems to me that you could insert the new photos and music "between" the other soundtracks and slide sections.

ginger

Postby im42n8 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:47 pm

Like Bald Runner sez, you'll probably end up with a timing upset if you add to the middle of the show. But, like ginger said, you can control that to some extent by adding material between existing soundtrack times. Keep track of the amount of time associated with each slide and the time between each slide. That's the amount of offset from the previous soundtrack that the "next" soundtrack needs to be offset from the "previous" soundtrack (or the amount of time the added soundtrack for the newly added slides must be) to keep the same timing for those original slides and the original soundtrack.

Doable ... but you gotta pay attention to the timings.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSG - General Discussion