Background slide

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Background slide

Postby hcajones » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:12 am

I'm having a brain freeze, I guess. I created a show. I used an image which is the background for every slide. I want to replace that image with one of the standard backgrounds provided by ProShow. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to do that unless I do it one slide at a time, and this is a very long show. I know how make another non-ProShow image the default background for all slides, but I can't seem to figure out how to make one of the backgrounds built into PSG the default background. I'm sure I'm just missing something obvious.

Thanks, as always, for your help.

Re: Background slide

Postby im42n8 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:36 pm

I don't think there is such a thing as a built-in background for Gold.

That said, if you've downloaded the "Extras" for Gold (Tools | Download Extras | Download Extras), Open the Slide Options, click on the "Default Background" (lower left corner) and then select the Image radial button (Under Background Source). Then click on Image and then Select Image Source. Navigate to the Program Files folder (Program Files (x86) for Windows 7 and later), select the Photodex folder, find the folder where Gold is installed and expand it. Look for the Content folder and expand it. Locate the Backgrounds folder. These are the backgrounds supplied as extras for PSG. Select one and click on Open. That's it.

Dale

Note: not sure if this folder exists PRIOR to downloading the extras ... it might ...but it won't have very many items in it if it does exist prior to downloading the extras. It's worth a check even if you haven't downloaded the freebies (extras)...
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby cherub » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:33 am

im42n8 wrote:I don't think there is such a thing as a built-in background for Gold.
Dale.

I think hcajones means the "Media Source" files, otherwise defined as Built-in content.
This includes the backgrounds provided by the program itself when installed, and also the extras that you might download later through the program.

hcajones
To get to these backgrounds from ProShow GOLD, go to:
Show > Show Options > Background Source.
Check mark in "Image" and then click on Browse. From the little menu that opens, you have the choice between "Select Image" and "Select from Media Source".
You want to select the Media Source.

ProShow will take you automatically to where these files are stored. Once you selected the image that you want, it will become the backgrounds for all the slides in your show.

Postby im42n8 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:38 am

Yeah, I don't use that stuff very often, and so I don't click on the "Media" option for the images.

And yes, Photodex calls it "Built-In Content" ... but it isn't built-in ... it's supplied.

And, the link you gave, Mona, just provides the same directory that I pointed hcajones to ... in a MUCH EASIER, much QUICKER way. At least he now knows how to find it himself if he ever needs to do it the hard way. :D

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby debngar » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:46 am

hcajones wrote:---snip--- I used an image which is the background for every slide. I want to replace that image with one of the standard backgrounds provided by ProShow. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to do that unless I do it one slide at a time, and this is a very long show. I know how make another non-ProShow image the default background for all slides, but I can't seem to figure out how to make one of the backgrounds built into PSG the default background. ---snip---

The shortcut to setting the global show background:
+Ctl +Shft +B -> select from the default "solid color", "gradient" or "image" in the [Background Source] area appearing under the preview.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby hcajones » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:33 pm

Thanks for all the help. Problem solved.

Return to PSG - General Discussion