Settings for multiple slides

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Settings for multiple slides

Postby larry31 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:33 am

I'm trying to create a common "Vignette" setting for multiple slides. Is there a way to accomplish this without individually selecting each slide, and creating the Vignette settings for each, one at a time?

Re: Settings for multiple slides

Postby debngar » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:41 am

I've wanted to have the same feature for a long time, to have the vignette settings stay as I last set it the next time I want to use it. As it turns out, that's one setting that does not stay as it was last set in a slide. :(

As a workaround, there are a few choices that come to mind.

*Highlight the slide, use copy/paste to make other dupe slides along the timeline and then swap out the image(s) by dragging replacement image onto each layer as needed.

*Make a slide style out of your slide and reuse it as necessary. But once another slide style is applied, it will overwrite the previous settings. :(

*While in the slide option window for the slide that has the desired vignette setting already applied, highlight the layer that has the vignette settings to be copied. Then using the timeline underneath, select several slides along the timeline that are to have the vignette applied. Click back on the slide option window sitting on top, right click over the vignette settings box and select one of the copy options offered.

There might be other workarounds but I can't think of more at the moment. Since you're using Gold, that doesn't have the more complex copy settings feature that Producer offers.

Hope that makes sense.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Re: Settings for multiple slides

Postby larry31 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:30 pm

Your last suggestion did work for me fine. Thanks!

Another related question:

While in the Slide Options window, can I select the layer that has "customized" settings, and R=Clk. on it, then select [Copy] [Copy to selected slides]

Will that copy all it's other customized settings to the slides I select in the time line?
( Such as... Zoom, Blur, etc.)

Return to PSG - General Discussion