Why my 1st mp3 fading in weird fashion?

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Why my 1st mp3 fading in weird fashion?

Postby piko » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:52 pm

Hi,

I try to make my first show.
Adding photos and videos - worked well.
Adding mp3 - worked, but...

... why my 1st (only 1st!) mp3 is fading in this weird fashion?
http://i61.tinypic.com/ajqzip.png

When I change offset fading is also moving, but why?
http://i62.tinypic.com/ay5b3r.png

Kind regards

Re: Why my 1st mp3 fading in weird fashion?

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:50 pm

Did you manage to put a volume control point on the soundtrack ? If you have a video over the soundtrack, you will normally get a fade during the video, but your screenshot looks more like you managed to create a volume control point on the soundtrack and drag it down to zero. (of course this is assuming the mp3 plays correctly in something like windows media player or whatever you use to play mp3 files on your computer).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby piko » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:40 am

Hi,

I don't create any volume control point (I think :) ).
Fading started after my slide with mts file, and after 15s volume goes to 0%. After this point volume slowly goes up and reaches 100% during next slide with video (MOD file). After this 2nd video slide everything works fine. Very bizzare to me.
Even if I put different mp3 to this position, this strange fading still exists.
http://i61.tinypic.com/ajqzip.png

I find a "solution" -- delete these 1st video clip (style: Scrolling Outro) or apply any slide style to this slide (even this same style - Scrolling Outro).

But I want to know why this fading happen? :) I messed settings or this is a bug?
This 1st video clip does not have any sound settings (fading in 2s, fading out 2s) or I can find specific settings?

Postby debngar » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:16 am

It does look like it could be a volume control point issue as Mikey suggested. But if not....

The program defaults to fade the soundtrack to 50% "during other sounds", (usually during the display of a video clip) so the sound in video clip can be heard. The settings in the picture you shared indicates it set to fade to 33%. If the video clip is removed, the problem would go away.

Highlight the video layer and look at the video clip settings area in the lower right corner. Try reducing the audio on the video clip to 0% and check the tick box to "prevent default soundtrack fade during this video" for the clip if the desire is to have the soundtrack play at normal volume during the clip with no video clip volume.

You can also try setting the soundtrack "during other sounds" to 100% in the soundtrack area.

Some people have found the need to remove the audio completely from the video clip, then insert the clip into the slide show, to get the soundtrack to play at 100% during the clip.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby piko » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:56 am

I found the problem.
I switch to Timeline and found about 10s after the slide, that is something like that "Volume control point, slide 2, layer 1, key 2".
So I checked the slide and found that accidentally I set for this layer in last key "Soundtrack: 0%". I have a grey checkbox (when I set to 100% checkbox also is grey...) so I didn't notice that.
Thanks for advice.

But it is normal that volume can fades after the slide? And rises slowly for next video clip?
I expected soundtrack goes to 0% within this slide, not ~10s after.

Return to PSG - General Discussion