On a roll with problems...

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related
Esteemed Member

On a roll with problems...

Postby Barnum » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:43 pm

Again it's been a long time since I've put together a slide show on PSG....now that I am done, how do I save it so that I can share it online? Do I burn an ISO and if so, how do I do that?

Re: On a roll with problems...

Postby debngar » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:09 pm

The ISO process is same process as before. But that is usually for creating/burning a show to DVD, not for online viewing.

Read this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20961&p=160476&hilit=ISO#p160476

If you want to share it online, then choose to output to YouTube instead if that's your website of choice. Publish>YouTube> (Choose highest quality if you wish) - save the file to your computer and upload that file to your YouTube channel at the YTube website. Or choose whatever website you want to upload it to from the list under PUBLISH to get the format you want, etc.

Or you can output to a format to share in your Photodex album but that would be a ProShow Presenter version which requires viewers to install the plug-in and also requires a PC (not MAC compatible) to view that. Do you want that one instead of something to upload to YouTube? If so then the process is a bit more complicated as you may want to create a menu before trying to upload to your show to your Photodex album.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Esteemed Member

Postby Barnum » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:44 am

Thank you for your reply. I have been trying since last evening to upload this video to YouTube and I keep getting a message to check my YT name and password and verify that I am signed in on this machine. Well I am signed in...my name and photo shows in the upper right hand corner. Last night I changed my password at least four times and I keep getting the same message. Any suggestions? I also cannot find a place to send YouTube an email message?

I have uploaded two videos to YouTube in the past but that was a couple of years ago. Not sure if this will tell you anything but this is one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpIS6vhJaAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpIS6vhJaAQ

Postby debngar » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:10 am

Postby debngar » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:09 pm
save the file to your computer and upload that file to your YouTube channel at the YTube website. at the YTube website.

If you're trying to upload to YTube through ProShow instead of following the above recommendations, that could be the problem.

IMO, There are more things that have to be just perfect for it to work to upload via ProShow directly to YTube.

I don't think I've ever had a failure uploading when I saved the file to the computer first, then go to YTube and upload there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't recommend uploading through ProShow. But if you want to do it that way, the following conditions must be in place:

1. In ProShow Internet preferences, the web browser stated in that box must be the same browser used for accessing YouTube.
2. If it's a different browser than default, that box must be filled out.
2. The user must be signed into their YTube channel at the website with that SAME browser.
3. ProShow YTube parameters must be populated with the identical login/password.

*If any one of the above conditions is not in place, it won't work.
*If the user is signed off at the YTube site via that browser or signed in with a different login/password, it will not work even though a login/password is filled out in ProShow.
*If the user is signed into YT via a different browser than the one in the ProShow preferences box, it will not work to upload via ProShow.

Postby Barnum » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:44 am
Last night I changed my password at least four times and I keep getting the same message.

Since you stated you changed your YTube password, check the ProShow YT login/password for a match if you wish to upload through the program. It's an easy thing to miss and I think others have had similar problems because of it.

Since there are so many things than can mess up the in-program upload, I personally find it easier to save the file to my computer and upload directly at the YT website. There are a number of other forum member who have posted that they do it this way successfully.

Good Luck. :)
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSG - General Discussion