Adding videos to time line

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Adding videos to time line

Postby larry31 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:03 pm

ProShow Gold Ver-6
It seems like I can only add videos to the time line up to about 200 MB ( about 60 sec's of video. ) The file format is mp4 from my GoPro camera.
Any mp4 videos much larger than 200MB start to load to time line, shows the progress bar incrementing, and finishes in only a couple of sec's.
( Video's under 200MB's take almost a min. to load.) The time line shows the video as being added, but when I try to play the larger videos the sound plays, but video just shows first frame, and will not play.
Smaller videos will add to time line, and play ok.

I tried to load larger videos ( up to 1GB in size... 4.5 min's long.) in my older ProShow version 5. They all load and play fine.
I have both ProShow versions installed on same computer.

When I add the larger videos to time line in Ver-5 they take from a min to several min's to finish loading to time line. ( V-6 the larger ones finish in just a few seconds. )

Any thoughts?

Re: Adding videos to time line

Postby Betty » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:29 pm

Hi Larry,

Just a thought, are you running the latest release?

~Betty

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:21 am

I am not aware of any limitation like that and have not heard anyone complain about it before. I would suggest contacting Photodex support and asking them - they are very good about responding to people. Either call them if you are here in the states (they are in Texas) or email them. Usually if I am playing with big videos, I am going the other way and bringing video segments from Proshow into my video editor.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby larry31 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:28 pm

Betty wrote:Hi Larry,

Just a thought, are you running the latest release?

~Betty

PSG Version 6.0.3397

Postby larry31 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:34 pm

gpsmikey wrote:I am not aware of any limitation like that and have not heard anyone complain about it before. I would suggest contacting Photodex support and asking them - they are very good about responding to people. Either call them if you are here in the states (they are in Texas) or email them. Usually if I am playing with big videos, I am going the other way and bringing video segments from Proshow into my video editor.

mikey

That's what I gather from reading this forum. I just don't understand why I can use same video files in my version 5, and they all perform as expected. It's only version 6 that is giving me problems.
Earlier I had problems publishing in V-6 where the same show published fine in V-5. I still can only use limited file types in V-6. Version 5 will publish fine no matter what video file type I try to publish to.

Postby larry31 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:52 pm

Just a general note:
ProShow Gold update was released Feb. 13, 2014. New version... 6.0.3410

Postby larry31 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:18 am

Just an update to my original problem of not being able to use some video files on a show, and not able to Publish to certain video types.

After moving up to Windows-7 Professional (64 bit), and installing 8GB RAM, I seem to be able to create a show using MOV videos from my camera.
I published a video to a m2ts video file.

I hope this solved my original problem, as it was an expensive solution to being able to use ProShow Gold V-6
The old Ver-5 worked great in Windows XP home.

Return to PSG - General Discussion