Lip Syncing

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Lip Syncing

Postby steve mac » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:27 am

Hi, long time user of Producer but only just found this great forum.
In the past as a wedding photographer I used to use it to produce simple dvd shows for the couple but now I am retired, I decided to give songwriting a go and have been using it to make little pop videos for my own amusement. Each time I do one I seem to learn something new in terms of dealing with video, which is totally new for me.
So I feel I am getting there, except, flippin lip syncing, it takes me forever and I do it by using the video trim button and its a bit "trial and error". Anyone please got an easier method, I would be ever so grateful.
Anyway I look forward to going through all of the posts to improve and what little knowledge/experience I have, I will gladly share.

Re: Lip Syncing

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:20 pm

For something as far down in the video as working the lip sync issue, I would give serious thought to purchasing one of the economy video editors (Sony Vegas Movie Studio, Adobe Premiere Elements etc.) That sort of thing is much easier in one of those (and allows you to keep whatever hair you have left). From what I have seen in my limited experience for something like what I think you are doing (multiple video segments all in sync with the sound track), you record the master sound track, then go back and play it at each location singing along with it. Now you should have a number of segments all in sync with the master and you can easily sync those together in a video editor (you delete the actual sound from each clip, have the master audio on one track and move the video segments to align them with the lips. Anyway, that is the way I would do it - Proshow is a wonderful program but using it to try and work with multiple video segments is like trying to adjust a watch with a hammer :twisted: One comment I have heard with the lip syncing is you have to actually sing just like you did for the original, not just mouth the words if you want it to look right.

One more comment - you indicate you are a long time user of Producer, but you posted in the Gold forum - while it doesn't make much difference in this case, often times, the answers are not the same for the two programs (especially when you get into things like keyframes etc. )

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby steve mac » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:56 am

cheers Mikey, I figured that may be the answer, and sorry I didnt realise I was in the wrong forum.
cheers

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:45 am

Hey not a problem :D I have Sony Vegas and what you are asking is so much easier in there than what you are trying to do with Producer. On the other hand, I see posters in the Vegas forums putting together a slide show using Vegas and the hoops they have to jump through to create even a basic slide show are significant. That aspect is MUCH easier in Producer or Gold. All about having an assortment of hammers in your toolbox :twisted:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - General Discussion