Pblished Show on DV is not Playing

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Pblished Show on DV is not Playing

Postby Eaglewing » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:58 pm

I am going through a frustrating time trying to publish a show on DVD. After hours of waiting it was finally "rendered" but I was unable to play it on my DVD player.

The menu shows up on TV but when I click the play button on my remote, nothing happens. It is a single show list. Not sure if it has something to do the "play all'. etc.

Any pointers or suggestions are appreciated, thanks in advance.

Re: Pblished Show on DV is not Playing

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:32 pm

Did you burn it direct from Proshow or did you go the create an ISO then burn with Imgburn (free) or something else ? If you created the ISO, then try the free VLC player - it can "play" an iso file - that may give us an idea what is wrong.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby raydio » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:45 pm

Having the same problem ............ creating an ISO file as mikey says just increases the rendering speed a bit and then used ImagBurn as ProShow Help Desk suggested but still - CAN'T PLAY THE SHOW UNLESS YOU PUSH STOP AND THEN PLAY. I've also tried a Sylvania DVD player and tried going through the MENU option on the DVD remote but MENU is not available on this model (at this time of playing a DVD). So - I pushed SETUP and then waited a few moments and then pushed PLAY and it started to play. THIS IS NOT THE WAY IT IS SUPPOSED TO WORK !!!

It should act just like a DVD movie that you purchase - insert the DVD, wait for the menu, and select PLAY (which is always the default option) or ENTER and away it goes !!!!!!!
God takes you just as you are - but He never leaves you that way.

Postby raydio » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:40 am

I've just found the solution. I've received some help on this matter from the HelpDesk at ProShow but they didn't get me to check the MENU settings before the burn. I always like to put up a title screen while I'm waiting to start the show. Unlike previous versions, I am having problems with ver. 5 and 6 starting with ENTER or PLAY.

What the helpdesk didn't get me to check was two settings under "Customize Menu" at the bottom.
The four tabs that are revealed are : Settings, Thumbnails, Layers and Captions.

Under LAYERS tab look for Layer Settings and near the bottom of your options is "Action On Click". Pull the dropscreen menu and you'll see 9 new options and I believe the second option is "Play A Show". Select this and your problems should be over - unless you go to another show you also have in your cache and you'll have to do this as well. However, all future shows (I hope) should keep this setting.

No here's one strange problem - and ProShow doesn't agree with me - If you look under the CAPTIONS tab, under Caption Interactivity you'll also see the "Action On Click" selections. Everytime I select "Play A Show" and click somewhere else to start the burn, it kicks me out of the program and I'm back to the Desktop.

Would like to see if anyone else has this problem. Anyway, I just use the LAYERS offering for "Action On Click"

Hope this helps.

raydio
Hope, BC
God takes you just as you are - but He never leaves you that way.

Return to PSG - General Discussion