Can't Render a show

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Can't Render a show

Postby larry31 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:51 pm

I’m experiencing various problems with version 6.0.3397 since I installed it. My previous version 5 worked flawlessly but this new version seems full of bugs.

1st problem.. I can’t produce anything at all. The rendering hangs up at around 2 – 6%. ( 0.75x) The only output I’ve been able to create is an executable file. ( *.exe) These same shows load and produce ok in version 5, except v-6’s special effects, which is understandable.

2d problem.. Every so often I’ll be clicking on some command, not always the same command, and the program closes unexpectedly.
( Again, this doesn’t happen in V-5. )

3d problem… When I try to add a video file into “Layer Settings” in the “Slide Options” window, the complete computer will, sometimes, stop responding. I have to shut the system down using the power on/off button. Some video files will add ok, but then one will hang up unexpectedly.

I was able to produce a show using [ Custom Video File] with settings…. Type= HD Quality= 1080p
I did get a *.mpg file, but when I play the video on VLC Media Player, or Windows Media Player, 3 of the 6 imbedded video files, do not play.
( They were *.mp4 videos when added to the slide show.) The *.mpg show will continue to play through the ( stopped) imbedded video, and continue playing normally until the next (stopped) imbedded video comes up.

This show file is one that plays great, and produces ok in ProShow gold V-5. I have tried to create and edit this show in both V-5 and V-6.
V-5 edits and produces without a problem, V-6 edits ok, but when I try to produce it in V-6, it hang up when ever Rendering reaches about 2% - 4%. Real simple ( 2 slide ), fixed image, shows also hang up in rendering in V-6.

I don’t have any anti-virus running, and only 2 items in my MSCONFIG Startup list. I’ve updated my Video drivers, and do not have any issues editing, or producing, normal video’s in Cyberlink Power Director. I’ve reinstalled ProShow several times, even with a fresh download file from Photodex.

I’ve never had this many issues with ver-5 The shows I create in V-6 will load in V-5 and play ok, and produce to a number of video file types with out a problem.

From some of the posts I’ve seen here, it seems like V-6 has issues.

Re: Can't Render a show

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:27 am

Your best bet is to contact Photodex because it looks like a problem none of us here would be able to help you with. It sounds as if something is going on between your computer and version 6. :(

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:39 am

I don't know if this is the issue (you may have several), but mp4 is not a file type - it is a container for a number of different file types (very similar to the way .avi can have all sorts of different file types with different codecs used). Some mp4 files work well, others have been found to have some issues and I do know Photodex is looking into issues people have run into with some of those files. Typically mp4 files you generate from Proshow (or another video editor) will work, but some of the various cameras out there that create mp4 files have some interesting "features" that cause problems (variable frame rates etc.). I would start with contacting them - if this is a problem with your system, they can help find it. If it is a problem file type, they need to know about it so they can roll that into the next release (hopefully).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby larry31 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:05 pm

Thanks. I have been in contact with Photodex.
Tried several "system" things, with no joy. The only thing that did help is, to use WMV video file type in my show.
MOV , m2ts, and mp4 do not work. Haven't tried others yet.

I'll try a few more shows using WMV format.

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:19 am

larry31 wrote:MOV , m2ts, and mp4 do not work.

The good news is that the problem now has focus and also that you've found a file format that works. The bad news is that such things are hard to track down because, as Mikey indicates, there are multiple video types along with multiple codecs that no doubt drive a company such as Photodex nuts, which means we users end up being driven nuts, too.

Barbara

Postby larry31 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:53 am

Are there any video file types that most users find to work in ProShow Gold V-6?

As mentioned above, the 3 types I tried, did not work in vrsion 6. I have used mov type in my version 5 and it worked great.
In fact, I've used the m2ts format has been used as well. I'm wondering what the difference is between v-5 & V-6 as far as publishing a show with video's.

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:09 am

I never use video in a show, so I can't say what might work consistently. Let's hope video users spot this thread and can help you out. You must be enormously frustrated. :(

Barbara

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:45 am

Nothing obvious comes to mind, but if you want, if you have a dropbox account (free) or some other way to transfer larger stuff, if you want to try collecting the show files for a short one that causes you a problem and let me try it on my machine to see if I have the same issues, I would be willing to try that. Drop me a pm if you are interested. I don't normally use 1080 - usually, 720 is fine for me when I want it on the big screen TV.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby larry31 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:55 pm

Thanks all!
I noticed when I was in the Slide Options window, and changing the video clip ( listed under “Layers” ) to another video type, there is quite a delay while the new video completes it loading.
The slide options window covered the editing window except for a small amount on left on my monitor setup. There’s a progress bar just above the time line showing the new video loading. I never noticed that before, being focused on what I doing in the slide options window.

Previously when I add or change a video, I would just go on to the next step with out waiting. I suspect that this may have created some of my videos to be interrupted and may be not fully load. ( Just a guess! )

I changed all 6 videos in my show to a different file type, one at a time.
One show with all avi, a separate show with all wmv, another with mpg, and still another with m2ts file types. I was able to render each show ok.

I really don’t know if this is why I had trouble rendering before, but it seems to work for now. As I do more shows, I’ll keep this in mind, and see if I have any trouble rendering again.

Again, thanks

Return to PSG - General Discussion