Desaturate not working

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Desaturate not working

Postby hcajones » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:53 pm

I've burned a show onto a Blu-Ray from PS6. The original photos were all individually edited, including for saturation, but I followed the PS recommendation to desaturate down to 80%. Blu-Ray images came out WAY oversaturated. Dropped it to 50%. Same thing - doesn't appear to have changed anything. I used desaturation successfully in PS5. Am I doing something wrong or is this a glitch in PS6?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Desaturate not working

Postby debngar » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:30 pm

This is just a thought but could someone have changed the settings on your TV? The Picture Mode button on my remote has 3 different settings, Standard, Movie and Dynamic. The last one being very saturated type of picture. Or check the saturation settings on the TV to see what they are set on as well.

Reason I bring this up is I just tested a show on someone's TV today via their DVD player (not Blu-Ray though) and the skin color of people appearing in the show was unnaturally bright orange. It does not play that way on my TV though. I think it's because the settings on my TV are not set to dynamic and not so saturated.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Re: Desaturate not working

Postby hcajones » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:49 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I am playing this Blu-Ray on the same TV on which I have played many DVDs and Blu-Rays created earlier in PS5, and as I said, the desaturate feature always worked.

Return to PSG - General Discussion