Upload a Show to Flickr

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Upload a Show to Flickr

Postby Eaglewing » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:06 pm

I am very pleased to have found the ProShow Enthusiasts blog. I am new to PSG but have successfully published a few shows on DVDs. It has taken my love for photography to a higher level and I certainly excited about the prospect of combing still photo shots with video clips, adding music and title slides and captions, etc.

I am a photography enthusiast and now beginning to put my fingers on video too. In addition to others, I have just bought a compact camera capable of taking videos in AVCHD.

I experienced some problems yesterday trying to upload a show to Flickr. I repeatedly received an error message from Flickr asking to fix an error problem before trying to upload. I do not have a clue whether this is a Flickr issue or one that was PSG related. I have coded this show and saved it on my laptop for upload to Flickr. This show include a few still-shots, few video clips (one trimmed), music and title slides.

I would appreciate if someone who had a similar experience, please point me to the right direction. Or anyone who may know the answer; thank you in advance.

Re: Upload a Show to Flickr

Postby cherub » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:12 pm

I experienced some problems yesterday trying to upload a show to Flickr. I repeatedly received an error message from Flickr asking to fix an error problem before trying to upload. I do not have a clue whether this is a Flickr issue or one that was PSG related. I have coded this show and saved it on my laptop for upload to Flickr. This show include a few still-shots, few video clips (one trimmed), music and title slides.

I am not familiar with Flickr, but I think that somewhere on their site, they must be mentioning the specs of the video files that they require.
When you say that you "coded" the show, I presume that you rendered it at the specifications that they need (?).
Or did you just use one of the ready made output options given in ProShow Gold?
I am now looking at the options in ver. 6, and I don't see any output option specifically intended for Flickr.

I've had a similar message appear on YouTube once, but I just ignored it, and uploaded anyway. Doesn't Flickr let you upload at all, once they pop up that error message?

Postby Eaglewing » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:32 am

cherub wrote:

I am not familiar with Flickr, but I think that somewhere on their site, they must be mentioning the specs of the video files that they require.
When you say that you "coded" the show, I presume that you rendered it at the specifications that they need (?).
Or did you just use one of the ready made output options given in ProShow Gold?
I am now looking at the options in ver. 6, and I don't see any output option specifically intended for Flickr.

I've had a similar message appear on YouTube once, but I just ignored it, and uploaded anyway. Doesn't Flickr let you upload at all, once they pop up that error message?

I am using version 5 and aware there is no option for output for Flickr. I am not too familiar with the right terminology and could have misled you, but these were the step that I took yesterday:

1. Select video tab to "published a video file for devices or the web".
2. Select "Video for Uploading to the Web" - 1080p.
3. Then clicked "create".
4. And then was given option to save in a folder of my choice.

I hope this will throw some light on the issue and help you better understand the problem.

Cherub, thank you for trying to help, much appreciated.

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:16 am

One of the keys missing here is what is the error message you received from flickr? Did it list any specific information or just what did it indicate?

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Eaglewing » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:13 am

gpsmikey wrote:One of the keys missing here is what is the error message you received from flickr? Did it list any specific information or just what did it indicate?

mikey

Hi Mikey, sorry for the late response as I experienced problem with my ADSL connection. Until it is resolved, I am currently using alternate ADSL.

The error message from Flckr is "Boink! Errors must be fixed before you can continue". 1 photo has timed out.

I have not clue as to what it is about. However I have managed to upload a much shorter video clip to Flickr and had not problem.

Postby debngar » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:51 am

...snip...

The error message from Flckr is "Boink! Errors must be fixed before you can continue". 1 photo has timed out.

I have not clue as to what it is about. However I have managed to upload a much shorter video clip to Flickr and had not problem

I've never used Flickr for any video uploads and haven't used it to upload photos in quite a few years. But I found their help section by Googling "flickr video size limit" and found this information that speaks of a 3 minute limit, apparently for all accounts, paid or not.

http://www.flickr.com/help/limits/

Since you mentioned being successful uploading a shorter video, if this one is longer than 3 minutes, that might be why it's not working.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:43 am

You might also want to read this link - http://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/ ... 279010393/ it is a short thread on your error message on the Flicker help forum where the comment was that apparently lower case .jpg is NOT the same as upper case .JPG on files. Case of the extension should not matter, but apparently it did. I have to admit that is a less than helpful message from flicker.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Eaglewing » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:55 am

debngar wrote:
...snip...

I have not clue as to what it is about. However I have managed to upload a much shorter video clip to Flickr and had not problem

I've never used Flickr for any video uploads and haven't used it to upload photos in quite a few years. But I found their help section by Googling "flickr video size limit" and found this information that speaks of a 3 minute limit, apparently for all accounts, paid or not.

http://www.flickr.com/help/limits/

Since you mentioned being successful uploading a shorter video, if this one is longer than 3 minutes, that might be why it's not working.

Debbie,

Thank you. Yes. so it seems the problem was because my video of 3 min plus had exceeded the limit of 3 min and the one that was successfully uploaded was less than a minute. It is fine, I shall give Flickr a pass for any video longer than 3 min; perhaps consider Youtube which I am not sure if there is also a limit. I shall check this out on Youtube site.

Postby Eaglewing » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:01 am

gpsmikey wrote:You might also want to read this link - http://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/ ... 279010393/ it is a short thread on your error message on the Flicker help forum where the comment was that apparently lower case .jpg is NOT the same as upper case .JPG on files. Case of the extension should not matter, but apparently it did. I have to admit that is a less than helpful message from flicker.

mikey

Mikey,

Thank you. It does not matter much as my issue was with regards to video uploading and I have learnt my problem was that I have exceeded the 3 minute limit.

In the past I have uploaded still pictures with jpeg lower case without any problem. I shall explore options to upload video to youtube in future.

Postby debngar » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:10 am

I've used YouTube for a number of years and have been happy with it. The ugly ads can be avoided by using licensed royalty free music.

There used to be a time limit on YouTube videos of ten minutes if I remember correctly. That was increased, at least for some account holders. That may have changed also to open opportunity for others to upload longer videos but I don't know if there are conditions.
Debbie

Postby Eaglewing » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:26 am

debngar wrote:I've used YouTube for a number of years and have been happy with it. The ugly ads can be avoided by using licensed royalty free music.

There used to be a time limit on YouTube videos of ten minutes if I remember correctly. That was increased, at least for some account holders. That may have changed also to open opportunity for others to upload longer videos but I don't know if there are conditions.

I learnt the limit is 15 minutes and for video upload longer than 15 minutes, the account need to be verified by Youtube, so I understand. But for now 15 minutes is fine for me. Uploading videos to Youtube is new to me and hopefully will gain a better understanding as I move along.

Here is my first attempt:

http://youtu.be/fnrrzYuyteM

Postby debngar » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:11 am

There is a Gold users sample show section and conditions for posting shows in the forum. Read this post to learn how the moderator clears members for posting links to their shows in that section.

Having them in a separate section makes them easier to find and for others to post comments.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13688
Debbie

Postby Eaglewing » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:12 am

Thanks Debbie, I shall go have a look when I have a chance.

Return to PSG - General Discussion