Blu-Ray

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Blu-Ray

Postby Robert » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:48 pm

I just downloaded PSG 6 although I have been a user (PSG) since 2008 and purchased a 60" LED TV. I would like to burn the show to a Blu-Ray disc. Can any of you recommend a blue-ray burner. And any special settings or other suggestions.

Thank you

Re: Blu-Ray

Postby gardenstate60031 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:36 pm

suggestions:go to newegg.com and view their bluray burner drives. Use the user reviews as a guide on which one to get. I have a Lite-On unit that works really well. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100006646%2040000600%20600050463&IsNodeId=1&Description=bd-r&bop=And&Order=RATING&PageSize=20

To make Bluray discs, I use the verbatim BD-R 25GB discs - note many found that these work much better than the cheaper LTH version
http://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-97457-Blu-ray-Recordable-25-Disc/dp/B00471HK0Q

Postby Marc NY » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:33 am

Originally I had bought a internal HP Blu-ray burner (to try and match up with my older HP Desktop) however my processor was too slow to handle it so I sent it back. Just be aware of your computer's limitations if you are looking to buy an internal Blu-ray burner. Then a friend from work heard about my troubles and he offered to give me his unused external Memorex Blu-ray burner to try out. I was very surprised how easy it was to hook up and use, and I had great success with using it too! When I ordered my new HP computer last summer I made sure I added a Blu-ray burner option to it. Yes, producing slideshows in Blu-ray is far superior than a standard DVD slideshow disc, especially if you wanting to show HD slideshows on larger screens.

Side Bar: I can't wait to get a 4-K TV set. I am waiting for Sony's 2nd GEN TV sets that will be coming out later this spring. I also am hoping to be able to find a 4-K burner and player soon so I will be able to create higher quality slideshows than the present standard HD shows of today. I am hoping that ProShow 6 software updates will be able to take advantage of the higher 4K resolution. If not perhaps the next version of ProShow maybe #7 might be able to take advantage of the 4 times higher HD resolution that 4K TVs can deliver!

*To make Blu-ray discs, I also use the Verbatim BD-R 25GB discs - someone at Photodex's support desk mentioned she also used them too with great success. :mrgreen:

Postby heckydog » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:49 pm

I did what gardenstate suggested, and looked at reviews on newegg. I'd had an Asus internal DVD burner for a couple years and it has worked very well. So I opted for an Asus internal BD burner and that has been working well for a few years too.

Here's a link to it on newegg: ASUS BD Burner and it's at a good price right now too.

I use Ridata 4X discs from Supermediastore. They always seem to be the lowest price and I've only had a couple coasters out of the 300 or thereabouts that I've burned.

Joe

Return to PSG - General Discussion