Saving show to a USB

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Saving show to a USB

Postby Mark-O » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:25 am

Greetings......
I have been using PS Gold for about a year now, off and on. Primarily I use the software to create family vacation shows.
What would be the best way to save a show to a USB drive, where I can take it with me to share on another TV (with a USB port, of course)?
I would assume that the show could also then be backed-up to my external hard drive.
I would like the show to have the same high quality as I am seeing when I burn a show to a DVD.

Re: Saving show to a USB

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:52 pm

Making a couple of assumptions here - I assume when you say "play it on the tv" you are referring to a TV that can handle a USB memory stick, not playing it from a computer to the TV? If that is the case, check the docs for the TV - most of them that can handle things like this seem happy (well, the ones I have tried) with mp4 formatted video. My preference is to use 720p and it seems to work well with my hardware here at home. The ability to play a video from USB is relatively new and not all TVs will have that ability (although you may find that newer DVD players connected to the TV may have a USB input - my Sony BlueRay player can handle mp4 on a usb stick).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Re: Saving show to a USB

Postby Mark-O » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:30 am

Thanks, Mikey, I will give it a test run.
Both my current TV and BluRay players have the USB port, so I can try it here.
So far, I have only burned to a DVD disc......

Mark

Return to PSG - General Discussion