Blu Ray Writer question

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Blu Ray Writer question

Postby abartel » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:22 am

I just installed a Memorex internal blu ray writer in my computer. On my first disc burned with Pro Show Gold, I created a 9 show disc with all the menus, etc. needed, writing it to a Verbatim Blu Ray disc (single layer). On completion I shut down Proshow and attempted to read the disc on my computer with the software that came with my writer (Cyberlink Power DVD 10). It seems to start reading the disc, brings up Power DVD and just presents a blank screen. I can look at the disc with Windows Explorer, and all the files are there. You can even look at the 9 individual show files and play them with the windows 7 media player. If I take this disc and insert it into my blu ray player hooked up to my TV, it plays normally.
I took a commercial blu ray disc (Blue Planet nature series) and inserted it into my Memorex Blu Ray internal drive in my computer and it played normally.
Any ideas what the problem is in reading this disc created with Proshow Gold?
Allan

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Blu Ray Writer question

Postby pilotdan63 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:32 pm

Just a thought . . . did you check the menu box to include the self-contained PC version of your show that will autmatically play on any Windows computer?

Re: Blu Ray Writer question

Postby abartel » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:48 am

I did not attempt to make this playable as an executable. The idea was to make it for Blu Ray players, but I wanted to be able to test it on the computer by using the Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 software that came with the drive. I am sure the executable version would have worked, since I can look at the files and play the individual shows off the disc . . . just not with PowerDVD 10. Cyberlink suggested to check for updates, which I did, but this did not resolve anything. I may have to uninstall and download the trial for PowerDVD 13 and see if that works - or find something else that will read Blu Rays.

Return to PSG - General Discussion