Any tutorials for more complex styles

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related
Valued Member

Any tutorials for more complex styles

Postby DJaseck » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:38 am

Hello everyone....newbie to Producer. What a fantastic program. I have had some experience with an old copy of Gold and truly appreciate the capabilities of Producer. My question is, are there any tutorials on loading multiple images into the more complex style/styles or is it a learn by trial and error? Just purchased my first Styles Pack #2. I guess it is like Photoshop actions, of which I have written my share, I can see how easy it is to get hooked on the Style Packs. Thanks, appreciate your comments.
Dave Jaseck

Re: Any tutorials for more complex styles

Postby cherub » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:44 am

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Here is a tutorial that I wrote:

http://proshowtutorials.blogspot.co.il/ ... tyles.html

Hope it will help you.

Valued Member

Postby DJaseck » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:31 pm

Hi Mona...thank you for your quick reply, it was informative. I like your idea of starting with a blank slide and adding styles to it. I guess my new learning adventure will be in layers, masks and key frames. Do you pre crop images you plan to use in your shows to specific aspect ratio, or do you do it with zooming control within Producer? I have in the past used multiple slide projectors with computer controller, Wess pin registered mounts, 4 track reel to reel recorders and masks, but this is a new game and so much better.
Dave
www.pbase.com/davidjaseck

My first Producer show tribute to the beauty of my late wife
https://vimeo.com/77508322

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:11 pm

DJaseck wrote:Do you pre crop images you plan to use in your shows to specific aspect ratio, or do you do it with zooming control within Producer?

My first Producer show tribute to the beauty of my late wife
https://vimeo.com/77508322

I'm wondering if you're using Gold or Producer, given that you've posted in the Gold section of the forum, but your show link mentions a Producer show. If you're using Producer, you're better off posting in the Producer section because the answers you get will likely be different.

Cropping: No need to do it outside ProShow. You can crop a photo directly in the software, and it's non-destructive, the crop affecting only the photo while it's inside the show. This is particularly helpful when using slide styles that don't lend themselves well to repositioning the photo.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Valued Member

Barbara...

Postby DJaseck » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:15 pm

Thank you, yes I am using Producer and thanks for the heads up on using the right section of the forum. Well, I will work at staying away from Photoshop and try doing my cropping/positioning in Producer to see how it works out, would save time and effort. Though being the Photoshop junkie that I am, will take some discipline as I am in the habit of running everything through Photoshop.
Dave

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:58 am

Dave, I'm a Photoshop junkie to the nth degree, but do I ever appreciate cropping in Producer for all those times when I want to reposition/crop a photo that I've already processed just they way I want it in Photoshop, not wanting to touch it. I've often turned a landscape into a portrait and vice versa without ever touching the original, doing it at high speed. Fool around with Producer's crop to see just how handy it can be.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSG - General Discussion