Newbie Questions

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Newbie Questions

Postby johnny » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:27 pm

I've just recently downloaded a trial version of ProShow Gold 5 and created a slideshow. I'm planning to buy the product, but I'm wondering what I would need to do (besides saving the slideshow, which I have done) in order to have access to the slideshow I just created, once I buy the product.

Also, I'm trying to understand what the advantage (if any) there would be to buy the product with the installation disc and user's manual, versus just paying to download ProShow Gold 5. If I just pay for the download to install the program on my current computer, will I be able to download ProShow Gold 5 (without additional charge) on a newer computer when I buy one?

I'd appreciate any information that anyone has.

Thank you!

Re: Newbie Questions

Postby im42n8 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:32 pm

Once you buy the product and have it registered/activated, you simply open the show you just created. The banner will be gone.

The registration information that's provided to you upon purchase is what ties you to the product . . . it's not tied to the machine, necessarily. I think you're allowed to have it on two computers at once as long as both aren't being used at the same time, if I remember right. I've got it installed on my laptop (for travel) and on the desktop (where most of my work is done).

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby debngar » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:36 pm

IMO there is no advantage to purchasing a disc with the manual. Periodic updates (which can include useful bug fixes and feature additions) make a disc instantly obsolete and potentially make the manual out of date if it doesn't contain recent feature information. The manual is online. Your registration covers installation for versions for one year after payment. If you need to purchase a new computer, download and install the software again, plug in your individual key purchase info for registration purposes and you're good to go. You can always check personally with Photodex by way phone to verify the answer to this question and how to handle the transfer of your registration to a new computer if need be.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby johnny » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:37 pm

Thank you, Dale and Debbie. I won't be going the installation disc route then since I can get the same thing just by registering the product.

I appreciate your responses.

Johnny

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:36 pm

Also, once you have created an account with Photodex, if you lose your key or whatever, you can go to their registration page, look up your key and download the latest available version you are entitled to (there will be a link there to the version). You can also download the pdf version of the users manual at any time from the Photodex site.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby johnny » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:08 pm

Mikey,

Thank you for providing that information. I had checked out the user's manual online as I was looking into the program. It is helpful to know that I can access my key through Photodex, if I need to.

Johnny

Return to PSG - General Discussion