Fading soundtrack into video clip

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Fading soundtrack into video clip

Postby hcajones » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:38 pm

I am building a slideshow that has several video clips. On some of the clips I want the soundtrack to just keep playing and don't want the sound on the video, so I just set the volume at 0 for the video. But on some video clips, I want the soundtrack to fade out and have the sound on the video fade in. I fade sound in and out all the time and know how to do it, but when I do it and the soundtrack is leading into a video, the sound does not fade even though it is set to fade and the graphic at the bottom shows the soundtrack fading. How do I force the soundtrack to fade just before a video clip?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Fading soundtrack into video clip

Postby hcajones » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:29 pm

I figured it out. A soundtrack (e.g., music) leading INTO a video clip must end before the transition between last slide and the video clip. If the soundtrack goes into to the transaction even a tiny bit, the sound fade won't work. The soundtrack will play at full volume and then end abruptly.

However, this isn't required for the transition OUT of a video clip into another soundtrack. You can for example end the video clip and have the following soundtrack begin in the middle of the transition and it will fade in.

I have no idea why, but it always works this way.

Return to PSG - General Discussion