Video on slide!

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Video on slide!

Postby eugenejazzy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

I have placed a video on a slide in my show....... double click to get to the "layer settings"
and there I can add adjustments to the "video clip settings" where it says that I can:

"lock slide time to video length" I checked these 2 boxes and also clicked "sync time" but my video does not play to the end in the slide and transitions into the next slide abruptly cutting the video off.

Anyone know what to do here?

my video is 1 min long.

Re: Video on slide!

Postby im42n8 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:13 pm

In ProShow, the "effective" slide time includes the transition time to the right of the slide. So, set the slide time to some number you KNOW is longer than the video (ignore the non-zero transition length for now). Check it to be sure and note where it ends by either playing the slide or scrubbing the slide (click and hold the mouse on the region below the yellow bar in the time line in the slide options window and then drag).

Then click the Lock slide time to video length button and note if the time on the slide's slide time changes ... it should. Now, the amount of time it indicates plus the transition time should equal the length of the video.

If, for some reason, it's not working right ... it could be that the program is unable to properly read the video length. So, adjust the slide and transition times manually until you get a combo that you like.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Re: Video on slide!

Postby eugenejazzy » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:09 pm

Thanks Dale,

I will try that!

Dave

Return to PSG - General Discussion