Windows vs Windows

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related
Honorary ProShow PHD

Windows vs Windows

Postby Penny47 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:14 pm

I have just been saying how I am unable to view a show from this PC (Windows 7 Ultimate) yet when I go over to the other PC (Windows 7 Enterprise) I am able to view the show. Can anyone tell my why this happens or has anyone had this problem before. I can work around it but am just interested in WHY I can't view from my PC.

Penny

Re: Windows vs Windows

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:57 pm

I am also running win7 ultimate (x64) with no issues other than the delay I mentioned in your other post. One thing you can do is look in the temp directory and see if the show has downloaded correctly (or is still downloading). In win7, you should find the temp directory it downloads to in C:\Users\mikey\AppData\Local\Temp with the obvious change to your user name. You may find this is a hidden folder and you need to "un-hide" it, but that is where the show gets downloaded before playing. It will have a name like psgxyz.tmp and when it finishes downloading, it will suddenly jump to the correct size for the show (hint: click on the "date created" to have the newest files float to the top).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - General Discussion