Newbie Q - zooming title over BG

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Newbie Q - zooming title over BG

Postby Razbak » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:09 pm

Hi
I've got Proshow 5 and need to make up titles - ten in fact to use as sequece lead ins on a video I am putting together.

The goal - create a series of subtle looking titles

I'll explain the elements I have and the artist goals I need to achive.
Im asking for your help in how to achieve these aims.

Elements -
1. a single still image as a BG - eg, a mans hand holing grain. I want it full screen, full opacity (not under or overexposed), then the opacity lowers and falls out of focus as
2. the title layer (one line of info) disolves up and also slowly zooms in, eventuating with the title and BG dissolving out to black.

I'd really appreciate your assistance in how to achieve this.

thx

Re: Newbie Q - zooming title over BG

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:44 pm

I'm not sure you can do that in Gold. I can think of ways to accomplish it in Producer with key frames, but Gold does not have that. The closest I can think of would be to have several different images of the "stages" of what you are trying to do and then do a cross-fade between them - adjust the time of the cross-fade for the desired effect. That could accomplish something similar to what you are asking - first image hand only, second image hand is fading and title semi-visible, third image, hand mostly faded and title full size then do a fade to black off that image. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Razbak » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:45 pm

Hi gpsmikey

I should have been more explicit - yes I am using Producer, not gold.

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:15 pm

You posted in the Gold forum which was why I thought you were using Gold :) With keyframes, you can basically make things do whatever you want in a slide. If you are not familiar with keyframes, take the time to learn about them since they are one of the real advantages of Producer. You can use keyframes to define the caption opacity, size, location, color and other attributes. You can do the same for the image you are using - you can control the zoom, rotation, brightness and all other sorts of things about the image. There are a number of tutorials and other information both here and on the internet about keyframes if you are not familiar with them (they are also used in video editing software, animation software and other such things - they allow you to define what happens at any given point in time during your slide etc.)

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:13 am

Razbak wrote:1. a single still image as a BG - eg, a mans hand holing grain. I want it full screen, full opacity (not under or overexposed), then the opacity lowers and falls out of focus as
2. the title layer (one line of info) disolves up and also slowly zooms in, eventuating with the title and BG dissolving out to black.

You'll have just a single layer--the photo. Let's say you're allowing 6 seconds for the entire slide, and you want it to be opaque for 2 seconds and then fade out over the next 4 seconds. Drag keyframe 2 over to the 2-second mark, then double-click at the end to create a third keyframe. With that keyframe still selected, move the opacity slider all the way to the left so it hits 0%.

Create your caption, and move its first keyframe to the 2-second mark. Set the caption's opacity to 0% for that keyframe. Alternatively, use Fade-In for the caption effect, making it last as long as you like.

In the Caption Settings tab, set the caption to be included in the transition.

Add a blank (black) slide to follow the current slide. Its duration will depend on how long you want the screen to be black. You can even set it to a duration of 0 seconds and still have the previous slide fade down into black. (One of the built-in transitions fades down into black, so that may serve you just as well.)

That should pretty much do it.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSG - General Discussion