Creating DVD's

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Creating DVD's

Postby chriscat » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:58 am

I wonder if someone could help ,
i am creating shows and because my computer plays up with long shows i am chopping them into say 5-6 shows , i have put each one onto separate Rw DVD's now i am stuck as to how to get them all onto one dvd .
I know i could have done this on Proshow but it would have meant rendering all the shows which the computer doesn't like , I have done it this way to save the computer rendering all the shows together for one disc .I hope there is a way of me getting the shows onto one disc as this is the only way of doing it at the moment .

I have just copied and pasted to my D drive the 2 shows and burned to a DVD however it shows the audio -video and files but will not play the show only the JPEGS

Thank you
Chriscat

Re: Creating DVD's

Postby im42n8 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:20 am

You don't say how you got the files onto the DVD in the first place. Did you export to an ISO file for each show? If so, you have 5 or 6 DVD image files.

If you exported to separate video files (e.g., MPG4 files or AVI), you have files that can be copied to the RW-DVD like you would any other file (sort of like a floppy disk file or to any USB drive). However, you'll have to realize that the DVD, in this case, is not going to be a dvd-video disk (it that's what you want).

I'm not sure what "plays up" means. I'm not sure what you mean by the DVD showing the "audio -video and files". So, did you copy the PSH shows to the DVD? What do you mean by copying the 2 shows to your D drive? I don't know what you mean by saying that the show won't play, just the JPEGS.

In Gold, to create a multi-show DVD, you need to Click on the create DVD icon. Then, click on the SHOWS tab, clicking on the "+" button will bring up the Open Show File dialog. Select the show(s) desired to include and click on OK. Then, go to the menu option and select the menuing appropriate to the number of shows you have. When you're done with all the appropriate options, select the CREATE option at the bottom of the CREATE DVD window.

If the program is hanging up (failing to render), notice where that rendering fails. It might be some problem with that show. If so, try to create an ISO with that show ONLY (just to test). If it fails then you've got something to work with. Note where it fails. It could be the image (replace it with a new copy or new image), the transition (change it), or the effect (change or re-apply the style). If it's a caption, change/revise it. Try again.

It's possible it might be a program problem. I'm not sure what the fix might be because there are a number of options to consider. You could simply reinstall the program over the current installation and see if that might fix the problem. Try again.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby chriscat » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:52 pm

Hi
Thanks for your reply , i will try to explain as best i can .

My computer turns off whilst the video i create is rendering , so i thought if i make a few little shows and put them each onto a rw dvd using gold the normal way dvd create.
I made 2 shows one on each rw dvd and i wanted to put them onto one dvd but not using proshow as proshow had already created the show in the first place .So i had the files proshow puts on for each show it creates .
So i loaded the shows onto my computer and copied and pasted them , however only jpegs worked on my dvd player .
So i decided to try proshow with the two shows and see if it will do them without turnning the computer off , i put some , wait for it ! , frozed peas under where the computer gets hot and started to created the dvd , well it worked , So frozed peas are good for computers getting hot as well as swollen joints !.
I think the problem i was having is that i had the two shows on separate discs (but i couldn't put two on one anyway )
Still i got there in the end , i need a computer that will cope with proshow ,and stay cool , i do want to get producer but not until i sort out what laptop to buy as i don't want a desktop i need to be portable .
I hope this makes some sense , sorry ! sometimes it's difficult to explain what you are trying to do .
Thanks you again
Christina

Postby im42n8 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:40 pm

Hmmmm. Your computer should NOT be shutting down. I'd check your filters in the front of the computer and in the back. Remove the dust you might find there (it's probably blocking the air vents). Also, check the power supply fan area ... remove any dust you might find on the grating. Remove the side of the computer (make sure it's off first) and blow out the dust from inside the computer. It sounds like you might have an airflow problem. Removing the dust should go a long way to resolving an overheating problem.

I still don't know what you mean by making "2 shows." I'll call a show a ProShow PSH file. A ProShow output file will be a VIDEO (AVI, MPG, WMV, etc). So, I'm assuming that you're putting a FILE onto DVD ... and I'm assuming that file is a PSH file along with the JPG files that the show is composed of ... hence why you only see your JPG files when you look at the DVD. I still don't know how you are seeing JPGs on your DVD tho ... how are you looking at the JPGs? Putting a video file on a DVD will not show JPGS .... but the video should play once executed from the DVD player.

Are you trying to make a DVD Video disk? If so, you have to create an ISO file (which is a DVD image file) or you need to create the show directly to the DVD. Otherwise, you can copy video files to a DVD and then play the separate files from a computer. You will need a program that puts the ISO file onto the DVD tho ... something like ImgBurn (http://www.digital-digest.com/software/ ... id=0&did=1) But, you need to resolve the airflow problem with your computer first. Install imgBurn and then have it apply the dvd image file (the ISO) to the DVD disk.

To create an ISO, click on the DVD icon. Go to the BURNING tab. Under disk options you'll see "Disk Writer." Click on the down-arrow and select the last option: it should be the ISO option.

By the time you get to the burning option tho, you should have selected the shows you want to include in the output file and created the menuing you want to use for selecting each and all shows. Under Options, I'd keep the DVD type to High Quality-safe and I'd uncheck Anti-Flicker (you have nothing in your show to unflicker). Keep the video clip quality to Normal and do not desaturate your images.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby chriscat » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:26 am

Hi

Thanks again for all your info !!!
I have managed to create another show onto a DVD without the computer turning off , i used an ice block wrapped in a tea towel , the type you use for cool boxes (ran out of frozen peas !),it seemed to work again.
I have cleaned the computer vents with a compressor and last year had the paste done , so i think the paste probably wants doing again .

I do have IMG burn on my computer but have never used it ! I also created an iso of one of the slideshows as you said , i didn't know how to do this , so thanks for that .

What i meant by 2 shows is that i had created say show 1 and saved to my computer just using proshow , then created another one say show 2 and saved this to my computer ,these were saved as psh files , and that is why they wouldn't show as a slideshow on the disc , i needed to create the iso file so that i could burn them to a dvd without any problem. I think !!.

So just a few more shows to do and hopfully i will get them done .
Thanks again

Christina

Return to PSG - General Discussion