Create a Wizard "theme" from existing show?

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Create a Wizard "theme" from existing show?

Postby abh » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:51 pm

I created a wedding slide show starting with the Wizard, then got rid of a bunch of slide styles I didn't really like, and added in a few that weren't in the theme I had selected. I'd really like to create a new Wizard them that includes just the slide styles & transitions from that show -- is this possible?
Alan

Re: Create a Wizard "theme" from existing show?

Postby cherub » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:03 am

Here is the Photodex tutorial on how to customize and to create your own themes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... JKFezpPp_4

Postby abh » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:08 pm

Thanks Mona, that was very helpful. It begs my next, possibly stupid question though: How do I get a list of all the effects I've used in my original show? The Effects Manager lets me select by aspect ratio, by the number of layers, but alas, I don't see the button that says "Select all effects in the current show". :cry: (Presumably, I'd want the same thing for the transitions). Is there some way to get at the list of effects in the current show other than laboriously one slide at a time??
Alan

Postby cherub » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:37 pm

abh wrote: I don't see the button that says "Select all effects in the current show". :cry: (Presumably, I'd want the same thing for the transitions). Is there some way to get at the list of effects in the current show other than laboriously one slide at a time??

That's because, unfortunately, there is no such button :(
The wizard in ProShow functions quite the opposite from what you have in mind: First, you must select the effects (styles and transitions), and then you must let the program create the show, based on that list of effects.
That is why, after having selected your effects, you should have saved your customized theme with a new name, as shown in that tutorial.

ProShow Producer has an additional function, named "Templates" that lets you preserve your show as is, with place holders instead of pictures. The templates work pretty much like the slide styles, but for the whole show.

When I first read your post, I wanted to suggest the templates options, but then, I realized that you are using Gold, and not Producer, and therefore, this function is not available.

Postby abh » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:11 am

Thanks again Mona.

Actually I am using Producer, and accidentally posted to the wrong forum.

I had already tried the template approach, but that's definitely not what I'm looking for. Templates appear to preserve the entire show, just removing the photos that have been placed into the slides. That means you still have to manually place all your photos.

Wizard is exactly what I'm looking for, but I need to figure out how to get the effects I've used in my existing show into a new theme. I know I can do this manually, I'm just looking for a shortcut.
Alan

Postby cherub » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:34 am

abh wrote:... ... Templates appear to preserve the entire show, just removing the photos that have been placed into the slides. That means you still have to manually place all your photos.

No, that's incorrect.
You do have the option of inserting the pictures automatically, into the template. Here is how:

In the File List, where you see the thumbnails of your pictures, select the images that you want to insert in the show. Use Shift or Control, like in any other Windows based program.
With your pictures selected, RIGHT CLICK. From the pop-up menu choose "Add files to placeholders"

You will have a show in about 20 seconds, if that's what you are after. :?

Postby abh » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:23 pm

Thank you!!! Right-click / add to placeholders was the step I was missing. I'd still like to figure out how to get my effects into a wizard theme, but I'll leave that for another day. :D :D
Alan

Postby cherub » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:40 pm

abh wrote:Thank you!!! Right-click / add to placeholders was the step I was missing. I'd still like to figure out how to get my effects into a wizard theme, but I'll leave that for another day. :D :D

Great! I'm happy that this solved your problem.
As to "figuring out" how to create a wizard theme out of your show, there is nothing to figure out.
Either you do it manually, or not at all.
You may wish to write to Photodex, and request that this feature be added to the Wizard.

Return to PSG - General Discussion