Shimmering question

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Shimmering question

Postby JoeS1 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:33 pm

I have created a Blu-Rey slideshow. When I show it on a relatively new 1080p tv I get shimmering of the very bright highlights on 40 % of the slides. Examples: shiny hair, leaves, grass, straw, sides of animals. It changes the light bright areas of a elephant to silver. The shimmering is most prevalent during the transition between slides and slides where I have very slight movement or zoom (effects selection). However on some slides it shimmers during the entire slide time . I don't see any of this on the processed image (Photoshop) or when creating the show.

I talked to ProShow support. They had me look at the monitor refresh rate. For some reason it came from the factory set at 59 hz instead of 60. Then they had me uncheck the desaturate box. That was supposed to solve the problem. It helped considerably but it is not seamless during the transitions and the shimmering continues during the slide time.

I am not using the new version of ProShow and I am using the AB transition (not A/B).
Thks Joe S

Return to PSG - General Discussion