Rendering HOURS!!!!

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Rendering HOURS!!!!

Postby weekendwarrior » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:46 pm

Arrrgghhhh, 8 hours of rendering only to be met with a forever spinning hourglass and program not responding!!!

This really sucks.

Re: Rendering HOURS!!!!

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:56 am

Unless you have a REALLY slow system, rendering time should not be much more than 2-3x the length of the show (I forget exactly what I normally see, but somewhere around there). It sounds like you have something in the show that is crashing proshow although usually, it doesn't just get stuck. Do you see any progress bar while it is "working" or just what are you seeing ?

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby weekendwarrior » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:34 am

I have a quite fast system and seems adequate for most tasks.

I gathered a few tips here on the forum, forked out $$$ to upgrade to Proshow 5 and have now rendered again for another 8 hours!! (4 shows in a custom menu) and this time created an ISO image file and burnt that to blu-ray disc and was successful, yayyyyy!:-)

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
John

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:29 pm

Ah - you hadn't mentioned it was BD - that takes much longer to render (with any rendering engine) due to the much higher resolution ( = many many times more pixels to crunch). I have not played with BD yet - sort of skipping around it since my Sony BD player has a USB port on the front I can just stick a USB stick in with high def mp4 on it and it works fine.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - General Discussion