Save Theme as JPG or stationary title slide?

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Save Theme as JPG or stationary title slide?

Postby tdub4 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:46 am

I have created a video in PSG for an upcoming anniversary party. To that end, I wanted to have a stationary slide or .jpg using the Celebration Title style slide that would be could be used as the background on the screen while the video is not in use (i.e just something that is shown with "Happy Anniversary" on the slide). This style is used in the video so this would have some consistency across the video and the title slide.

My first thought was to just create a video using one slide and pause that slide, however Windows Media is not cooperating as it continually shows the audio controls on the bottom of the screen (quite distracting). I moved the mouse off the page and the controls sometimes will disappear for a few seconds only to come back.

Can I save this as a .jpg or something else to show that by itself? This may be REAL obvious and I am over thinking it, but I am not having any luck.

Re: Save Theme as JPG or stationary title slide?

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:46 am

With the stylized slide showing in the main (large) preview window, and then scrubbing to get it to show just the image you want to save, right-click the preview window and choose "Capture Frame." In the following dialog window, give the capture a name and browse for the folder where you want to save it. You can also choose between saving it as a .jpg or .png. along with the dimensions. Once done, you'll have an image of the title slide that you can use anywhere you like. (A captured frame if very similar to a screenshot, except in this case, it's saving a very specific frame inside the slide.)

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby cherub » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:52 am

BarbaraC wrote:With the stylized slide showing in the main (large) preview window, and then scrubbing to get it to show just the image you want to save, right-click the preview window and choose "Capture Frame."

The function of "Capture Frame" is not available in ProShow Gold. It works only in Producer.

But, there are other media players, apart from Windows Media Player, that do have this function of capturing a single frame out of a video clip and save it as a graphic file.

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:23 am

Hmm... Didn't know about Gold not having frame capture. Quick-and-dirty method: Make the screen as large as possible, press PrtScn, bring the screenshot into an image editor, crop it down to just the frame image, and save. There's software dedicated to such things and in which you can capture just the part of the screen you want.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSG - General Discussion