Proshow Gold -Proshow Producer

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Proshow Gold -Proshow Producer

Postby chriscat » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:18 am

I have a Laptop Samsung RF510 64bit ,4gb Nvidia GeForce 330 , this is meant to be a good speck for intence gaming (which i don't do ) but slideshows you would think would not be a intence .I love my Proshow Gold and was looking into moving up to Producer but am now put off .
Last year i had a problem with my laptop where it was switching off whilst it was rendering , i had it looked at and the guy put new paste on the cpu however it is now at it again .I have got my power options on Power saver so as not to overwork the computer and i can get a show to render .
The thing is in time that will not work so i need to look at a new computer which i was hoping i wouldn't have to do as thing one wasn't cheap at all and was meant to do all .
What i want to know is what Laptop computers you guys use i would like to stay with a laptop ,and don't want a Desktop , it is more flexable for me to take away when needed.
I thought the spec of my computer would be fine but if it overheads then it's really no good , so i need a computer that will cope with intence rendering , i am sure some of you must use a laptop to create your slideshows , if so i would really love to know what Laptop it is .

Re: Proshow Gold -Proshow Producer

Postby chriscat » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:53 pm

Hi

Anyone out there and use Proshow Producer and Gold , could you let me know if you use a laptop to create your shows with , which one , i may be looking for a new one as mine overheats whilst rendering .
Please i would be interested which laptops you are using make and model please .
Thanks
Christina

Postby Oldguy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:50 am

Whatever you get, you need one with a dedicated video card.
Get a gig or two of memory on your video card.

Forrest

Postby chriscat » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:45 am

Hi
Thanks for your reply , just a quick question how would i know if my computer has a dedicated graphics card .
Also how do you know if a computer has one it's not something that is stated when you look for one .

Thanks

Return to PSG - General Discussion