Newbie Questions

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Newbie Questions

Postby mrpbjnance » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:57 am

I did some reading and I found a post on how to apple a background to a group of slides..

It mentioned somne standard rules..(like right click) I can't find the post that lists these..can someone help?

Also I want to know similar to the background.. can I have a group of slides with one pace..slow.. and then another gorup..in the same show with a faster pace?

Thank You

Re: Newbie Questions

Postby im42n8 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:41 pm

You can use any layer as the background for a specified number of slides. Once you've moved that layer to the last position (the highest numbered layer), you can then copy that layer to any number of slides. Simply open Slide options, then highlight the slide you want to copy the 'background" layer to. Right click over layer you want as the background and select "Copy to selected slides." Next, go to each of those slides, and move that layer to the bottom layer (the copied slide will exist at the top of all layers on each of the slides to which it was copied). Or, you can create your background using the background option (Slide Options, Background + Sound: Background). Once you've changed the background as desired, select the slides that you want to share that background. Then right click over the "Background Source" text and select "Copy Background Type to Selected Slides."

As for your "pace," it has to do with the slide time and the length of the transitions between slides. You can do each slide and slide transition separately or as a group. As a group, select the slides you want to have the same time (select, then shift-select to highlight all slides in-between ... or Ctrl-Click on each slide you want to select). Then, change the slide time for one of those slides... all selected slides will change their slidetimes. If you change the transition time on one of them, all transitions to the right of the selected slides will change to the same time.

Pace is a relative term and will be determined by your topic, content, music, and theme (among other things). So, while you may start out with one set of expectations, you may end up with another set based on the edits required to finalize the show. Just thought you might like to know . . . best laid plans often find themselves being changed by the reality of the final draft...

Good luck! Also, just have fun! :D

Dale

PS check out the slideshow tips that you can find here: http://www.fenimorephotovideos.com/links.html
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSG - General Discussion