Sharing files between users

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Sharing files between users

Postby colden » Sat May 18, 2013 10:49 am

A close friend has produced a great PSG gold DVD. I have PSG also, and have a Blu-ray burner. To improve the production, we would like to take her file and load it onto my PC and burn a Blu-ray. Any thoughts out there on how to do this? Comments would be appreciated.
Thanks everyone

Re: Sharing files between users

Postby BarbaraC » Sat May 18, 2013 12:33 pm

There's no reason on earth why you can't do this as long as you have the original show if you want to make any changes. Though I don't have a Blu-Ray and so don't truly know if you can use an ISO, I can't imagine why not.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby im42n8 » Sat May 18, 2013 12:35 pm

Create a Folder: MyGreatShow
Open PSG. Open the Show. Collect the Files to the folder "MyGreatShow"
Check the MyGreatShow when it's all done to be sure the Images, Audio, and Video folders contain the files they're supposed to. In the root of the MyGreatShow should be the PSH file. If not, copy it there. You might want to open it up to be sure. If you're using v5, the files collection is supposed to also create the PSH for you and then give you the option of using the the "collected" version or the original.

Copy the folder and all of its sub-folders to a DVD (data disk), jump drive, or whatever archive vehicle you want.

Take the archive to your computer. Copy the folders to your PC. Open PSG. Open the show. Proceed to creating your BluRay disk as you normally would.

NOTE: because ProShow doesn't keep track of the fonts used, you may have to copy the font file to take with you as well if your computer doesn't have the same font files as your friend has.

NOT "MyGreatShow" is just a quick and dirty name I made up. It can be anything you want. :)

Simple! :D

Have fun!

Dale

PS Looks like Barbara beat me to it ... but all you need is the original file and all of its resources. That's the gist of that gobbldygook I wrote above.
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby BarbaraC » Sat May 18, 2013 12:52 pm

No, Dale, I didn't beat you to it because you truly fleshed out what I said. I never gave a thought to mentioning all the supporting files that must be transported along with the .psh file.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby colden » Sat May 18, 2013 6:35 pm

Thanks everyone. Will try the file system.

Postby cherub » Sat May 18, 2013 9:31 pm

JUST A VERY BRIEF NOTE !!!

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THE MATERIAL INCLUDED IN THE SHOW IS NOT COPYRIGHTED, and that you can share it freely among friends.
If the show happens to make use of graphics, slide styles, transitions, that were purchased by your friend, and not by you, then he/she cannot give you her files.

My suggestion is to tell your friend to make a Blue Ray iso file, and to give it to you in this way.
You can then burn as many copies as you please.

Postby trulytango » Sun May 19, 2013 2:06 am

cherub wrote:My suggestion is to tell your friend to make a Blue Ray iso file, and to give it to you in this way.
You can then burn as many copies as you please.

Easiest and quickest way to do it!
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Return to PSG - General Discussion