Text Moving. How Do I STOP it? PLEASE!

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related
Valued Member

Text Moving. How Do I STOP it? PLEASE!

Postby malliekm » Sat May 11, 2013 2:11 pm

This is the one thing that is holding up putting the project to bed. V4 was so much less complicated! <lol> I have 3 blank slides with text only. Each are annoucing the topic of the next set of slides. I want text fly in and fly out options but I DON'T want the text moving around. For example, slowly moving from one side of the screen to the other, top to bottom, etc. I think I know WHERE to make the changes (maybe) but I can't figure out how. PLEASE! I HAVE to have this done by tonight. I'm sure this is the window I need to be in. Right? It would help to explain it to me like I'm 6 <lol> Or if you can point to it in the help files. I've looked. Thanks so much!

Re: Text Moving. How Do I STOP it? PLEASE!

Postby BarbaraC » Sat May 11, 2013 2:17 pm

If I'm seeing correctly, it looks like there are 3 keyframes (which means you're using Producer, not Gold), and I bet you have different pan positions for the caption. Check those positions because I'm sure that's where you're getting the extra movement.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Valued Member

Postby malliekm » Sat May 11, 2013 3:11 pm

Yes, Producer, I'm sorry. Pan positions. That's it but I don't' know where to find "pan positions". Is it on the screen shot I sent? I know it's hard to see but I couldn't send the full size. Meanwhile I'll look for the term "pan position" in the help files. Remember, I'm six! <lol>

Postby BarbaraC » Sat May 11, 2013 3:33 pm

Look for "Position - Linear" on the screen. The first box is the horizontal position and the second box is the vertical position. These are the "pan" positions. Sorry about confusing you. It's called "Pan" for the layers and "Position" for captions, which is certainly confusing, isn't it? Photodex should stick to just one name for it.

Your screenshot is a bit blurry, so I can't really tell what's going on, but if you want the caption to fly in, hold its position, and then fly back out, you won't need the middle keyframe.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSG - General Discussion