Why does Timeline sometimes look different?

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Why does Timeline sometimes look different?

Postby hcajones » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:53 pm

Occasionally, in PS Gold, when I switch from Slide View to Timeline, everything comes up in miniature in the Timeline row at the bottom. Tiny little thumbnails, tiny graphic of the sound levels, etc. As far as I know, this is just random. Once it happens, the only way I get a full Timeline view is to close the show and then reopen it.

It occurred to me that I might be doing something without realizing it. Does anyone recognize this situation?

This is a great site. I am liking PS more and more, and this site keeps helping me to get over small hurdles that might otherwise grind me to a halt.

Thanks.

Re: Why does Timeline sometimes look different?

Postby debngar » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:51 pm

The tab key toggles the view of the timeline and slide list back and forth. Notice the two tabs.

The view of the soundwave can be spread out more when that is in view if you have a mouse with the center wheel and by sliding the wheel up. This can help the user more easily time the slide changes to line up with the larger beats. Slide the mouse wheel down (back) to squish the soundwave together again and to see more of the slides in the timeline with the soundwave on it.

Hope that makes sense.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Re: Why does Timeline sometimes look different?

Postby hcajones » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:23 am

Thanks. I must have been inadvertently shrinking Timeline with the mouse wheel. Somehow I had missed that you could either shrink or expand it, and I can see being able to expand it will be useful sometimes.

Thanks again.

Return to PSG - General Discussion