MAking PSG 5 look like Producer

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

MAking PSG 5 look like Producer

Postby ronald11103 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:25 am

On the Photodex website I found a tip on how to make ProShow Gold 5 look like Producer, colors, etc. It was a matter of simply checking a check box. Somehow my ProShow Gold setting got reset and now I cannot find that check box, nor can I find that tip on the Photodex website. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks!

Re: MAking PSG 5 look like Producer

Postby debngar » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:14 pm

If you're speaking of changing the desktop color configuration:

Edit>Preferences>Colors

The colors of the different elements on the desktop can be changed to just about whatever you want and you can save your own color scheme.

Producer's default color scheme, for me, doesn't have enough contrast between the screen elements for me to be able to read the text so I tweaked them and saved it to my own color scheme. Saving a copy of your own color scheme custom file in another folder allows you to put it back in if you ever have to uninstall and reinstall the program for some reason. I believe the program puts the color configuration files in the "color" folder.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby ronald11103 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:44 pm

Thanks for the response Debbie. Yes, I was referring to the desktop color configuration and I did explore the Colors options under Preferences but not close enough. I was looking for that check box but but turns out my memory is failing me (more common these days!) I found it on the right hand side of the Colors screen under Color Configuration. I clicked on "ProShow Producer" in the list, clicked Load, then "done" and voila! there it was. Maybe my monitor settings are different than yours but I find the contrast perfect.

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:55 pm

I'm totally with Debbie. Light gray on dark gray is all the rage these days in software interfaces, but I hate its lack of contrast. My choice is Windows colors, tweaking only the selection highlight, which if I'm remembering correctly, is too dark for my taste.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSG - General Discussion