Slide Show won't work

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Re: Slide Show won't work

Postby tdew » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:03 pm

Penny,
How about sending a few of those problem pictures to someone here and see if they cause a problem for someone else? Yours is such an odd problem, but there has to be a reason for it and a solution.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:26 pm

Yes I can do that just not sure how to go about it on here.

Postby tdew » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:31 pm

I've sent you a private message. You can send a couple by email and we'll see what happens.
It sure is a puzzle.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:09 pm

Thank you all for all the help you have given me. I have finally sorted it out. I have no idea what I did wrong the 1st time or what I did right now, but this is what I did. I opened up a brand new folder and I transferred the photos from the older PC, using a memory stick. but before I put them on this PC I tried a show from the stick,it worked so then cut all the photos out of the stick and put them in the new folder and as they say "Bob's your Uncle" it worked. Needless to say I am now a very "Happy Camper" and can get on with it.

Penny

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:36 pm

I was going to suggest sending me a couple of the problem ones, but it seems you have sorted it out. Glad all is well now. Hmmm - in thinking about it a bit, it has the smell of a protection issue - not sure just how windows tracks the info, but some files it considers "downloaded from the internet" or some such thing and treats them differently than local files. I have run into that issue before, but don't remember all the details of it.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:00 pm

Thanks Mikey, Actually what got me thinking was the fact that when I tried to e-mail them to someone it would not let me it told me the document/path was not valid or some such thing. anyhow again many thanks for giving me ideas and suggestions. The dollar is starting to work in my favor so I shall be keeping a close eye on things to upgrade :-)

Penny

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:42 pm

Glad to hear the dollar is working in somebody's favor !! :evil:

Your comment about the message "invalid path" is a key part of the puzzle here - something was causing an issue with the path - it may well have been that redirection that windows 7 does with user accounts when they try to copy files to protected areas (like "program files" ). That was why I had asked if you could really see the files in windows explorer (although it may also hide that trick). If you put the images in the C:\Program Files path somewhere, that is probably what you were running into - they should either be in a separate "images" path (possibly even a different drive/partition) or under your user account.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby tdew » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:25 am

Wonderful news! Glad you solved your puzzle.

Previous

Return to PSG - General Discussion