Background colors

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Background colors

Postby hcajones » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:15 am

In PSG, I can create a default background color for an entire show, and I can change the default to a different color for a specific slide.

However, when I select some of the pre-created effects, such as a center slide with four slides emerging from behind it, the background color never holds. I choose it, set it, and the screen shows (top right) that the color I selected is the background color for that slide, but when I return to the slideshow, there is no background color.

This isn't always true. There is another pre-created effect involving 9 slides that holds the background color I select.

Am I missing something?

As always, thanks for your help.

Re: Background colors

Postby debngar » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:36 pm

Slide styles can often have either a bottom layer that covers the entire background or a background color or image that was created different than what the user chose for default global show background for their show.

To change that, double click the slide, look to the bottom left of the slide option window, Click on DEFAULT BACKGROUND button in the background/sound area and the background for that slide will change back to the global show background.

The SHOW background can be overridden with something else on a slide by slide basis and this is what is happening. The user has the option to change a SLIDE background (one at a time) and still maintain the overall show default background for the other slides in the show.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSG - General Discussion