Music and videos

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related
Honorary ProShow PHD

Music and videos

Postby Penny47 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:09 pm

1st off Happy New Year to you all;

What I am trying to do is put a track of music on at the end of the show where I have slides, but it keeps going to the start of the show. The show goes something like this: there are 3 slides, then a whole lot of video clips, (this will be for most of the show) then some more slides at the end of the show. I only want the music to run with the end slides and nothing else. Can this be done? Thanks in advance for all you help. As usual I hope this makes sense. :-)

many thanks

Penny

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Music and videos

Postby DickK » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:46 pm

Sure, makes perfect sense.

There are several ways to position (or delay) any audio item on the soundtrack. In your case, the simplest is to just right click on the soundtrack and click "Start track here." A more general solution is Manage Soundtrack screen -- look at the Track Settings menu group, the Offset item inserts a break between the start of this item and whatever is in front of it. By-the-way, that offset value can be negative if you ever need to overlap items to create a cross-fade effect.

Hope that helps.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:26 pm

Another option would be to attach the sound track to a slide at the point you want it to start and have it play from that point on (this would also allow it to overlap any existing main track if you wanted it to.)

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:28 pm

Thank you both I will spend the afternoon trying both out.

Penny

Return to PSG - General Discussion