.px file

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related
Valued Member

.px file

Postby burntb4 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:31 am

I made a slide show a couple of years ago and have lost everything related to it except for the .px file.It will play in Photodex Presenter but I cannot seem to be able to do anything else with it. Is there a way to extract the images from this px file or to put it back into PSG in order to create a new .psh from it? OR-Is there a way to convert the .px to a different format such as AVI etc.Thanks

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: .px file

Postby DickK » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:14 pm

The px file is a file format unique to ProShow and, no, there's no way to get it back into the form the software will recognize as a editable show or, as far as I know, extract the images. What's in there is video--you could extract frames of the video as a poor substitute for the original images but that's it.

As to converting the format to something else I don't know--I don't know of anything that would do that but I'd contact PhotoDex tech support. They're normally pretty good about answering questions.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Valued Member

Re: .px file

Postby burntb4 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:27 am

Thank you Dick. I appreciate your input. Cheers

Return to PSG - General Discussion