Downloading to YouTube

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Downloading to YouTube

Postby chriscat » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:22 am

I am having a problem with proshow 5 uploading a video to youtube , i have been doing this for years and never had a problem before .
What is happening is first i get a box that say available downloads recomended so i download the updates , then i see it is downloading proshow optional files , ok , then do the title of the show ect , click to download to youtube and proshow comes up with error please check your user name and password , checked no problem , thought it might be better if i change my password with youtube so i did and still the same happenens.
I think i shouldn't have to download the available files all the time last time it was 7 this time it was 16 , can't understand it all .
Anyone else had this problem ?

Christina

Re: Downloading to YouTube

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:50 am

Something has gotten messed up in ProShow. One thing you might try, though I don't know if it'll help, is to delete the proshow.phd and proshow.cfg files in the main program folder. They've been known to get corrupted and cause stupid things to happen. There's no harm in deleting them. Just make sure ProShow isn't running when you do so. Also, if you've got a lot of personal preferences set such as color, default transitions, etc., these will go back to ProShow's defaults, and you'll have to reset them. It's a small price to pay, however, if it keeps you from tossing your computer out the window. :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby chriscat » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:06 am

Hi ,
Thanks for your reply , i will give that ago i do delete these now and again as proshow said to do this a while ago.
I have just download wondershare and tried to get it on youtube and would you belive t it said the same .

Christina

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:23 am

If a totally separate piece of software resulted in the same thing, then your problem isn't ProShow. There's something happening with your account at YouTube. I had something similar happen quite some time ago because of having a Gmail address that I tried to change to for YouTube, and it thoroughly messed up everything, so I went back to my original email address.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby anitaemile » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:36 am

Christina
I've had these issues off and on . To avoid this nuisance, I just never download directly to youtube anymore. It seems like the only thing that works is to click the "save to computer" button on the left bottom corner of the "youtube upload" window . Once you have the file on your computer you can then upload from youtube.

Anita

Postby chriscat » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:54 am

Hi Anita

Thanks for your reply , i will have a go at saving to my computer and uploading that way , it is just easier doing it from proshow.
Christina

Postby anitaemile » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:53 am

Christina
Actually, after being frustrated over and over with typing title, and more text, before uploading to youtube, only to find out it won;t load.. Just saving it and going to youtube and press that "upload " button is so much easier and user friendly.. :D :D I You can skip the typing!!

Return to PSG - General Discussion