Having Proshow 4.5 & 5 on the same computer?

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related
Honorary ProShow PHD

Having Proshow 4.5 & 5 on the same computer?

Postby Studio7Productions » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:18 am

is this possible to do, run both versions till I have learnt the new one?

Step by step instructions on how to do this are needed

Mel
PSP v 5: Adobe CS5 Extended:Sony Soundforge Pro 10: Canon 50D: Canon EOS 1000D: Nikon D40:

" Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. "
Sir Winston Churchill

Re: Having Proshow 4.5 & 5 on the same computer?

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:12 am

Yes - no big deal. What you do is during the install, when it asks where to install it (and gives you a default location) change the specified location to a new one - for example on my Windows 7 machine, the install path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Photodex\ProShow Producer" - change the "\ProShow Producer" to "\ProShow Producer_5" or something like that. You can put a second shortcut on your desktop to the new version - change the names of the shortcuts so it is clear which one it points to. I should have mentioned - if you change the name of the shortcut to the current (4.5) version on your desktop ("Producer_45" for example), then when you install the new version, the new desktop shortcut will not overwrite the old one - not a big deal if it happens, you can still easily create a shortcut to the old version again.

All that said, there have been several threads on it and Jennifer posted a good tutorial on it a while back (on using the new version). One thing to be careful of - once you save a show in the newer version, the old version typically will not want to open it.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Having Proshow 4.5 & 5 on the same computer?

Postby Studio7Productions » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:56 pm

Thanks for the advice.....all installed and having fun.......it will take me years to find everything......
PSP v 5: Adobe CS5 Extended:Sony Soundforge Pro 10: Canon 50D: Canon EOS 1000D: Nikon D40:

" Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. "
Sir Winston Churchill

Return to PSG - General Discussion