Can you help please

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related
Honorary ProShow PHD

Can you help please

Postby Penny47 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:20 pm

I am not sure if I am posting this in the right place. I am not even sure if I am still a member, in fact I am not sure about anything :-) When I go to check out the shows (in PSG) all I see are shows with a little red dot, nothing else and nothing changes. Can anyone tell me why I do not seem to be getting info on new shows etc. I am really confused by this. I have tried logging in and doing a new login but nothing. I hope this is making sense.

Thanks in advance.

Penny

Re: Can you help please

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:39 pm

You do indeed seem to still be here (digitally at least :lol: ). I'm not sure exactly what you are describing, but if you are seeing shows listed with a red dot next to the list, that indicates shows that you have posted a comment on. If all of them are showing that, then did you search for "all my posts" ?

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:49 pm

OK mikey, I see that all the shows with the red dot say I have posted a comment. but there seem to be no new shows coming up, maybe it's cause everyone is enjoying the weather. Oh well not sure what to do next. I will wait and maybe someone will post a new show tht I can check out LOL. Thanks again.

Postby obeeone » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:11 pm

G'day Penny

Maybe you've seen them all. Or you could try clicking on Board Index under the main heading and selecting either PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback or PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback and see if there are any you haven't seen.

Carl.
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/obeeone

There are 10 types of people who understand binary:
Those who do and those who don't.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:47 pm

Hi Carl, thanks for your help. I have had a look at the list most of the shows I have seen there are some however that I have not viewed yet they show that I have. Also noted that a few have no markings to say if I had viewed them or not. So I give up. I will leave it for now and maybe come back in a couple of months and hopefully things will have changed or sorted itself out. Thanks again for all your help.

Penny

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:41 pm

Like any thread, the status of those (you've contributed, you've read/not read) is tied to your login ID, status info stored in the forum software and some information kept in a 'cookie' on your machine. In general it works just fine but some odd things can happen if you (or some software on your machine) clears the cookies. Also, if you deliberately or accidentally hit the link at the top of each forum section that says "mark forums read" that will change the status of all threads in that section to 'read'.

Don't know how the status info apparently got messed up for your ID but there's no easy way to fix it -- the only thing you can do is to step through them from the top. Not good but the only alternative I know of would set them all to unread and that's almost as bad.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:00 pm

Dick thank you so much for your information. I am going to take each step very slowly and see what happens. We are about to enter summer (I hope) so will not be around as much. So maybe a break for me will be good. And just maybe it will all sort itself out Thanks again.

Penny

Return to PSG - General Discussion