Where did it go?

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Where did it go?

Postby bflobiker » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:51 am

Recently upgraded from Gold 3.2 to ProShow Gold 5. Noticed a couple of things right off the bat that seem to be missing or it may be something I'm not doing correctly. On the old version, when dropping a slide into a show it would show the file name of the slide list. It seems to be gone in Version 5. Also, dropping in an AVI into Version 3.2, it would show on the slide list with little holes (like a film strip) on either side of the file, using Version 5 it looks the same as a jpeg and does differentiate it as being a movie clip. Am I missing something? Other than those two things....what an improvement over Version 3 !! Still trying to get to the next level of the learning curve.Any help would be appreciated!!!

Re: Where did it go?

Postby texan » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:20 am

Try reviewing the following

It'll probably help.....

http://www.choiceslides.com/search?q=wh ... utton.y=10
Texan

Postby bflobiker » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:03 am

Texan-

Down at the bottom of the default screen where Gold assigns labels your slide "Slide 1", "Slide 2", etc. after they are dropped into or added to your show, previous ProShow versions also listed that file name underneath (either xxx.jpg, xxx.bmp, xxx.avi, etc) the image where the slide duration is also shown. ProShow Gold 5 just shows the slide number..."Slide 1"..."Slide 2"... Did Photodex do away with listing the file name along with doing away with the film strip image if its an .avi, .mov, etc?

Postby debngar » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:44 am

Edit>Preferences> look for "Slide Names In Slide List" and choose "Use Name Of Top Layer" from the drop-down list.

I don't recall it ever showing any custom image for video clip files in the File List area. But the clip should show up in the timeline along the bottom.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby bflobiker » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:13 am

Thank you...thank you...thank you! That did the trick. Still trying to find my way around Gold 5 and find where Photodex hid things like that.

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:36 pm

I've been using v.5 of Producer since it showed up, and I'm STILL finding things. I'm even finding things that have always existed but I never noticed. Isn't life exciting? :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSG - General Discussion