Show disappeared

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Re: Show disappeared

Postby gpsmikey » Mon May 06, 2013 9:29 am

I could see a false positive (I have had a few) being triggered and your AV getting something, but not all the files (and the .psh and .b0? (backup) files are only text files so that should not have been an issue. Only other thing I can think of is somehow you were working in a temp directory or on removable media that was removed later. Certainly very strange that the entire directory would simply vanish.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Re: Show disappeared

Postby cherub » Mon May 06, 2013 9:33 am

hcajones wrote:It was my show. It was never found, or any part of it. I searched in every way suggested by everybody and some others. It's a complete mystery. I've done many shows since and nothing like this has happened again. I've wondered if my anti-virus program (Malwarebytes) or Spybot ran amok and wiped out all these files for some reason, although that seems very unlikely because I didn't run any scans before the files disappeared. As I said, a complete mystery.

So, the mystery continues :D :D
But, just to put your mind to rest, Malwarebytes and Spybot don't find anything dangerous in psh files, and don't make them disappear either.

I agree with Mikey. Only some kind of removable media could make those files vanish, leaving no trace.

Previous

Return to PSG - General Discussion