Great To Be Here

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Great To Be Here

Postby Floyd » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:07 pm

Hello to everyone and greetings from Sunny Southern California.

I am just getting started with my new software, ProShow Gold v5 and I am very anxious to learn everything. I have seen so many amazing slideshow examples on the "Sample Shows & Feedback" and now I needed to learn how to produce some of my own.

One of my first attempts using the Wizard and a few lucky tweaks. Very short and nothing offensive unless you are a pro and offended by my feeble efforts.

http://www.photodex.com/share/res0x6qe/dgpgcmg4

Other than a problem detailed at great lengths here:
http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20501
I am ready.

So now for my first question.

Along with the software I purchased a book by James Karney called "The Official Photodex Guide to ProShow. My problem with this book is all the screenshot and commands are from version 4. This can be confusing to a novice like me and add in instructions that only apply to the Producer version and you can imagine how this might not be the best way for someone like me to get started. I want to be fair and admit I realized the book was based on the previous version when making my purchase.

Any rumors about an updated book to Gold V5 and without including Producer?

Any other good books or tutorials, prefer video, you might suggest I look into.

Floyd...

Re: Great To Be Here

Postby cherub » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:44 pm

Welcome Floyd, and greetings from Sunny Israel ! :D :D

About "The Official Photodex Guide to ProShow"
I remember that when this book first appeared, it was quite criticized by the members of this forum who bought the book. I never saw that book, so I don't really know how it relates to the present version of ProShow 5
The User Interface in ProShow 5 has been drastically changed compared to the previous versions, so I understand your confusion.
There is another book that's worth reading, published by Photodex themselves, and which has been updated recently with screenshots from ProShow 5.
The book focuses on both Gold and Producer, with lots of examples and good advice for Gold users only.
You can see details about this book here:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20185&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a#p155537
and here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20245

Your show:
It's a very nice show for your first attempts. I'm impressed :D
I noticed some kind of shaking at 0.30 seconds into your show (watched this twice just to make sure). I don't know if it's a transition that doesn't look all that great and should be replaced, or if it's some glitch in Presenter, or something else.
Thank you for sharing this.

Re: Great To Be Here

Postby tdew » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:50 am

Hi Floyd, That was a very enjoyable show. Your young Garrett looks to be a charmer. Loved the picture of him and the man (you?) smiling at one another.

As Mona said, the only thing that doesn't fit is is the shaking between two slides. I hope it's a transition that can be changed easily.

Return to PSG - General Discussion