OUT OF MEMORY

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

OUT OF MEMORY

Postby Deadman » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:49 am

:cry: This seems to be something that I seem to see a lot more often. When only the Ram below 3.8 is able to be used, on the larger machines with 4 gig or more, the lower ram is used for other things especially on a 64bit mach. I shut a lot of things off, but it usually only leaves around 1 1/2 meg or less for the program to run. I haven't tried a memory program.. might have to . I am going to try the program on a dedicated mach, and not always connected to the internet to see if that helps.. What would help is if ProShow jumped up to the 64 bit world.. then we could use the 8 or 10 plus megs of ram we have and build great shows.. I was trying to use some AE intros I turned into a style,with the ability up to 10 slides. It made the style, but when it tries to load the videos style with the pictures the great out of memory error jumps out, shuts down the program and back to square 1. Well I hope they upgrade soon.. If anyone has any great input, and I don't mean try shutting down some background programs, obvious, It would be well appreciated... :roll:

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: OUT OF MEMORY

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:13 am

Rather than a totally dedicated machine you could try setting up a virtual machine (vm) on your x64 box. Then you could have a vm dedicated to ProShow with nothing else installed. I use vm for software development and testing. This may work for you. Oracle has a free one out there called Virtual box, you can get it at www.virtualbox.org . I personally use vmware which has cost associated. But I like the interface a little better.

Regards,
-Vernon

Postby Deadman » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:14 pm

I will try that, but don't see that that will improve the out of memory issue.. Its more of a 32bit program problem... dedicated mach no problem, have enough computes to do that..A virtual mach may deal with the memory different, but doing that is also going to use up memory unless a way to set it up to use memory past the 4 gig.. I am going to try some type memory program that tries to keep the lower memory cleaned up.. The best way is for Proshow to port over to a 64 bit program.. Would solve all the issues..

Thanks again will try your idea.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:56 pm

I am not privvy to Photodex's development schedule, but you are surely correct that a 64 bit version is on the way. The market is dictating the outcome if not the timing. Have you tried the 4GB exe modification that is floating around the forum http://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php This has helped some people with 64 bit machines get a little more memory space.

-Vernon

Postby Deadman » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:58 pm

I am downloading and will try.. Thanks for the link..
Last edited by Deadman on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby manfred » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:12 pm

Which file needs to be fixed in the Program Files x86 photodex?

Return to PSG - General Discussion