200 MB Limit mpeg4

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

200 MB Limit mpeg4

Postby gwbuchanan » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:49 am

I received the following from a felloww user of PSG. Is their truth to these statements? I have not had the opportunity to use the technique described.

I have been successfully using the mpeg4 output to create shows that can run on either platform (MAC and PC) and using the trick I learned from Stan, have successfully created mpeg4's in projects by creating the individual mpeg4 for each show in the project and dragging them into a new show to combine. On the latest project I tried assembling, one mpeg4 was over 200 megs and crashed the program, whether I dragged it in first or in the proper position. Taking out a couple of images and the resulting reduction in audio reduced it to under 200 mb and it loaded properly. If you are mentioning the mpeg4 trick in you class, you might want to mention that while a single mpeg4 show can be large, when combining mpegs into a single larger show, no single show can be over 200 mb. While I have not tested it, the 200mb limit may also apply when combining stills and video clips.

Combining videos may only be a consideration with Producer and not Gold so this may also be out of scope for your class.

Passing on additional observations with my own shows, I have been finding the mpeg4's and mov's running smoother than the exe's on a PC. Generally the mp4 file created by ProShow is smaller than the mov file created by ProShow.

I have also found that the same mp4 file is a different size on a PC and a MAC, being larger on the MAC.

Return to PSG - General Discussion