Switch to full style
Discuss anything ProShow Gold related
Post a reply

Transparent images?

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:05 pm

New to the forum and 4.5. I used 2.6 for years, but wow what a difference. My question is, is that I have PNG images with transparent backgrounds, can I use them? If so how?

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Transparent images?

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:24 pm

Welcome (back).

Sure, you can use a PNG exactly like a JPG image. The advantage of the PNG format is, as you've mentioned, the fact that it supports transparency.

Dick

Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:06 pm

Thanks! I guess the image I tried initially fooled me, but another worked just great,

Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:22 pm

Security issue: It should be noted that by looking at the “properties” of a picture on a web page, it is usually easy to get to the root directory for that user on the server and often see all other pictures, web pages etc that are on the server. If this is a concern, then you should use a separate server just for pictures that you are going to make public.

Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:08 am

maithly wrote:Security issue: It should be noted that by looking at the “properties” of a picture on a web page, it is usually easy to get to the root directory for that user on the server and often see all other pictures, web pages etc that are on the server. If this is a concern, then you should use a separate server just for pictures that you are going to make public.

I'm not sure this is a concern when creating slide shows since the photos involved are inside one form or another of video file. On the web, the show is likely to have been uploaded to either YouTube or Vimeo.

Barbara
Post a reply