Shrinking show

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Shrinking show

Postby drjohann@mweb.co.za » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:25 pm

Hi
I'm a new user of Proshow Gold vers 4

I have created a new show that is +/- 4.74 Gig

How do i schrink the show without doing the whole thing over to fit on a DVD?

Is it possible to cut certain areas of both audio and slides or video ?

Re: Shrinking show

Postby im42n8 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:16 pm

I don't think you can. Write it to a DL-DVD.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby AMD » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:44 pm

Wow! How long is your show and what type media have you included? I have made some rather involved shows but never have had one that wouldn't fit on a regular DVD. If you have used a lot of .avi video, you might consider converting it to .wmv or another more "economical" format--don't know if that would solve your problem or not.

Ann

Postby heckydog » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:47 pm

There's a difference between the size of your show files and the size of the dvd files.

If your show files are 4.74 GB in size then PSG will make it fit on a standard dvd by adjusting the bitrate when it converts your files to dvd files. I think it's just a coincidence that your show file size is close to a standard dvd size.

It would be unusual for PSG to create the dvd files and not have them fit on a single layer dvd if that is the settings you used. But if that's what happened you can get a program like DVDShrink that will adjust the bitrate to make it fit correctly. DVDShrink is hard to find these days but you can google for it. It's free and it will do the job.

Joe

Postby drjohann@mweb.co.za » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:58 pm

Thx for all the good advice

The problem i have is the following:

I have an audio copy of someone explaining certain slides
The audio is 1 Hour 15 minutes
i loaded the audio and then sink the slideshow with the comments
After finishing the show, it is 4,7 Gig

What i want to know, is there any way that i can cut some of my audio in ProShow without going out of ProShow and having to do everything over. In my audio there are lots of time where nobody speaks or comments
So if i get rid of all the "empty" or "silent" areas the show will be much shorter and it will easily fit, The slides are about 60, so that is not the problem.

What i actually want to know is; is it possible to cut part of audio and video from your show without going out of ProShow. I have tried but is not able to do it?

If anybody can help me i will be highly appreciate.

Valued Member

Postby DonM » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:13 am

I don’t think you can edit sections of the audio in Proshow. What I would suggest is:
Save the existing show with a new name. This will preserve the original show in the event things don’t go well. Download the free audio editor Audacity and remove the sections that are silent from the original audio and save with a new file name. Delete the original audio track and replace with the new shorter track and resynchronize.

Hope this will fit your situation
Don

Return to PSG - General Discussion