Video to your website - Some of the choices

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!

Video to your website - Some of the choices

Postby nannybear » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:45 am

http://www.easywebvideo.com/video_jukebox.html

Just in case anyone is interested. This special only runs this weekend. I use Shawn's V2F program and love it. cheers Jan
Last edited by nannybear on Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Re: Video to your website - Labor Day Weekend Special

Postby ChrissyC » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:16 pm

Hi Jan, I'm interested in this program, would a Producer show work in this player?
Chrissy

Postby ChrissyC » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:30 pm

Hi Jan, me again..no I don't think a producer show would work with this player, do you know what camera you would use to be able to use this program?
Sorry, I don't know much about video..
Chrissy

Postby nannybear » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:30 am

Actually you can.Save your producer show as flash and then you can use them in this software. I am going to upload something soon so you can see. Cheers Jan
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite

Postby ChrissyC » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:13 pm

Oooo Ok Jan, I'm logged on so I'll check back in a bit...thank you!!
Chrissy

Postby nannybear » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:18 pm

Well I bought it and it is all easy except the getting it on the web. haha I uploaded all the files but I must have the script wrong so I have emailed them and waiting for an answer back. Here is what I got....

http://members.shaw.ca/nannybear/video.html Let you know when I get a handle on it.....cheers Jan

Postby ChrissyC » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:24 pm

ah oh...well it's all about learning the program, every program has to be learned sometimes easily sometimes with sceaming, swearing and pulling one's hair out! LOLOL
I'm enjoying a lazy afternoon, so I'll be here when you get an answer :D
Chrissy

Postby czali » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:22 pm

Jan,

I too will be waiting to see how it goes and if you can get it work I am soooo in. Let us know. Do you have to use flash or will other video files work?

Colleen

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby dilyla » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:50 pm

Thanks, Jan! I figured with a money back guarantee, there wasn't anything to lose, so I bought to test it.

I created a three-video page in literally less than a minute. Took longer to upload than create.

Keep in mind, I wasn't creating a web page (so this page linked below isn't pretty!)-- just testing the program. Here's the result using three background videos that I have. Brought each into Proshow individually, output/created as flash, then brought these three into VideoJukebox. Simply uploaded the files generated in one folder (my choice) by VideoJukebox. VERY simple!

For some reason, I didn't get any output using the swf output files from Producer, but the flv output worked fine. Here's a quick sample showing it does indeed work very easily with Producer output flv files without using any other software in between. The 400x300 is as large as output as it does -- but it does give a choice of 4:3 or 16:9, and right/left/bottom menu choices.

{LINK REMOVED BY DILYLA}

Colleen, the only choices for the video are swf or flv. I haven't taken the time to play with the Producer swf to see where the problem was with those not working with the program. Can't remember if I tried the swf html page in both Firefox & IE. It might have just been a browser-specific problem. I plan on experimenting more with the swf.

In the meantime, I was also curious as to how it would handle bigger files. Here's just a two-show page using a couple of my Producer shows w/audio. The thumbnail being bad on the wedding one is my fault... not the program. I start with a blank slide on this one & and it wanted to just use the black blank. This was thrown in as a jpg just have one... I'm sure I could come up with something better for the thumbnail by making sure it was the right size first. Buffering problems are probably coming from my server side -- these files are still really large. Once buffered and replayed, they appeared to play fine.

{LINK REMOVED BY DILYLA}

- Diana
Last edited by dilyla on Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dilyla's Designs
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Postby czali » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:21 am

ok guys! I bought it and was successful in loading one in the program. Now I have to figure out how to load to my website. I can not play with it much today but will have to work on it tomorrow. Will load it when I get it up.

Colleen

Postby nannybear » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:02 am

Diana, oh guru of figuring things out. Can you help the rest of us with a tutorial on how to get it on the website. I have been playing around with it and want to have it centered and a back ground. Is that possible???

PS played beautifully once buffered so we might want to add that on the page as well. Cheers Jan

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby dilyla » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:27 pm

Jan -- happy to try to assist on how I did this. This is generalized using the sample link posted originally with the three background videos for the example.

First, I created a new folder (in my case on the desktop) and copied the three flv files generated by Producer into this folder. Next, using VideoJukebox, I added the three flv files, changing their titles/descriptions/assigned thumbnails. After choosing the video size & playlist position, simply Save/Publish and save the files in this newly created folder you made that contains the three (in my case) flv files.

When everything was saved, I had the following files in this new folder:

config.xml
paste.txt
player.swf
video.htm
aqua flare-show0.flv (my first background show)
red dragon-show0.flv (my second background show)
tailwind-show0.flv (my third background show)
thumb0.jpg (the thumbnail for aqua flare)
thumb1.jpg (the thumbnail for red dragon)
thumb2.jpg (the thumbnail for tailwind)

I'm not going to cover getting the player within an existing web page. I'm going to just cover having the player by itself on a separate page as my examples were. If you need directions for putting the player in an existing page, I'll be happy to help you with that, too. Just let me know...

Moving on... Your question was about centering on a page with a page background.

First copy the image you want to use for the page background & put it in the new folder containing all the other files.

Next, you need to edit the video.htm file. Easiest way is to simply use Notepad. Open the file video.htm and make the following changes (additions shown in bold -- substitute the file name in red with the exact name.extension of the file you just copied to the folder to use as a page background image....) NOTE: The third line (it wraps to a fourth line when posted here on the forum) already exists in the file you're editing. The width/height may be different depending on what size video you chose in VideoJukebox.

<body background="xxxxxxxx.xxx">
<p align="center">
<embed src="player.swf" flashvars="xmlConfig=config.xml" width="558" height="256" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>
</p>

Within Notepad, go up to File/Save As and use the dropdown menu where is says SAVE AS TYPE to change it from the default 'Text Documents (txt)' to "ALL FILES" and then simply click the existing video.htm in the file list window to overwrite the existing (just edited) video.htm file. (Or alternatively, after selecting ALL FILES in the file type, manually enter video.htm as the name and allow to overwrite when prompted.)

Sign in/ftp into your website. (At this point, I would suggest making a new folder on your website called demos or something to that effect. That way, when you want to change out the videos in the future, everything is contained within one folder on the website instead of scattered around.) Upload all the files that you have in the folder where all the VideoJukebox files were saved/generated (paste.txt is optional... it's not used/necessary for the upload).

That should do it!

NOW, here's where I hit problems.... the flash player will default to a white background within the table (the xml file showing the title/description/url link to the video). I can easily change the flashvars to set the section behind where the movie plays to black (or any other color) within the script above. However, I HAVE NO IDEA how to edit the variables in the config.xml (this is what "calls" the playlist) to change the colors for the background/fonts in the playlist so I'm "stuck" with white background/green highlight. Perhaps someone that understands XML can offer a hand on that part? I'd be happy to provide my config.xml for them to look at! I've searched & read most of today trying to figure out the xml variables & all I ended up with is a headache!!

ANYWAY, Jan, hopefully the part I *can* do was explained well enough for you to follow! (And, hopefully someone that knows/uses XML can tell me how to set colors in the config.xml file!)

If my directions above were confusing or not specific enough, just let me know & I'll try to clarify! :)

- Diana
Dilyla's Designs

Postby czali » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:54 am

Diana,

Thank you for such a great explanation. I actaully just found out that the web builder that I have offers an add-on that does that same effect as seen from this software. Too bad I already had made my purchase. I asked for a refund today and we will see. That is what I get for jumping before looking. It was available to me all this time.

Thanks again guys,

Colleen

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby dilyla » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:34 am

Colleen--

FREE definitely beats a purchase! Is the program you use widely available? If so, you might want to post what it is that you use, so others that might be using the same can check into getting the add-on free, too!

While searching for variables for the XML file, I found a free multi-player that's similar but only for personal use -- no commercial use. You can also use the player to stream multiple YouTube videos. Though not as simple/straight forward to use as VideoJukebox, anyone that's interested can check it out at:

http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=JW_FLV_Media_Player

To make it easier, there is an online setup wizard that produces code to copy/paste into your html for different scenarios and there are several "skins" to download to change the color of the player.

- Diana
Dilyla's Designs

Postby czali » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:42 am

The web builder is http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/ . If you go to this link click on extensions and sroll down to flash video player. It will not be totally free since I will have to udgrade to the new version for a small fee but as you can see there is a wealth of other options available with the new version. I was just looking to make some changes to my site and came across this.

Colleen

Next

Return to Odds & Ends