Vacation Slideshow - Airplane Route

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!

Vacation Slideshow - Airplane Route

Postby SSMAKER » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:46 pm

Someplace either in this forum or another, I saw a great example of an into to a slideshow where there it showed an airplane flying over the US. You could even see the shadow of the plane on the ground. I think the author used a PNG image. Does anyone know where I can find that explanation? If I remember correctly, the author also gave the source for his digital map.

Thanks.

Valued Member

Plane Route

Postby mfunk » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:45 pm

I was wondering if you ever found what you were looking for when you posted your question about an airplane route. I used a .png file someone uploaded in my Atlantis show. I showed it crossing Texas heading to the Bahamas. I'd be glad to send you the 3D airplane .png file I used. I've been trying to find out who uploaded the plane since recently revisiting my show. I'd like to thank them. I got the map off Google Maps.

If you want to see how I used the plane, you can see it in the beginning of my Atlantis show here:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 3917&alb=0

Michelle
Texas

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby stickgirl » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:29 pm

Michelle -

Nice job on your Atlantis show, which happens to be my favorite place to vacation. The excitement on the faces of your children reminded me of my own when we took them in 2005. We went again this year (without children :D ) but didn't take the time to swim with the dolphins, so it was nice to see that part of your show.

I can still hear the men on the beach saying "parasail, jet ski, bananna boat" and of course I can't forget the coconut drinks.

Kathy

Valued Member

Postby mfunk » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:41 pm

Kathy,

I love Atlantis! I created the show after our second trip to the resort. We'll be returning (as the show promised) in July this coming year.
So many photo ops. I've gotten new gear since that trip and I'm looking forward to using it! Coconut drinks, Mojitos, Margaritas, must I go on??? lol I love the place. I'd love to go sans kids but that will probably be a while.

Michelle

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby stickgirl » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:59 am

The first time we went was in 1999, totally unaware that hurricane Floyd would be arriving two days after we did. We spent about 30 hours stuck in a conference room with about 1,200 other people. The staff was incredible during this time, making sure all guests were safe and that we had food & drink. We were pleasantly pleased to discover that two days of room charges/meal plan were completely refunded. We've been returning ever since and each time it gets better and better.

Did you get a chance to parasail and take your camera up with you? The view is phenomenal.

Kathy

Valued Member

Postby mfunk » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:41 am

I've always wanted to parasail. About two years ago a mother and daughter fell to their death here in Texas. Since then I've not felt so compelled to try it. :-)

If I ever did get up the nerve, I'd only consider taking a point and shoot up. I'd be afraid I'd spaz out and drop my D200. lol

Michelle

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:39 am

mfunk wrote:I've always wanted to parasail. About two years ago a mother and
daughter fell to their death here in Texas. Since then I've not felt so compelled to try it. :-)

If I ever did get up the nerve, I'd only consider taking a point and shoot up.
I'd be afraid I'd spaz out and drop my D200. lol

Michelle

That is the appropriate place for your handy P&S camera :D

As far as the airplane route - I sort of remember the disucssion - seems to me it
involved a flight from Australia to LA or something like that and had a "trail" it
created. If that is the one you are thinking of, you might search for "Australia"
or something like that. Seems to me it may have involved using something like
Google something (maps, trips or something like that) to create the flight.
(at my age, I'm just happy to be able to remember to get up in the morning ! )

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Valued Member

Postby mfunk » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:23 am

Mikey,

The plane png file I have is 3dplane.png and it has a shadow. I'll search for Australia to see if it turns up. I just think it's a great file and I'd like to thank whom ever uploaded the image.

I really need to invest in a point and shoot. I'm spoiled with my current Nikon set up but there are definitely good times to leave it at home and use a point and shoot.

Michelle

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:51 am

Mikey -- I did one that was LA to Sydney but it's not posted anymore and it was a simpler thing where I used an line with an airplane icon to form an arrow. Works fine but I think what she's referring to was someone who did a trip map from Texas to somewhere, Caribbean maybe. Done just with the airplane moving which I think would be more effective done across a higher scale map.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby SSMAKER » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:43 am

Michelle;

Nice job on the SS. Looks like your family had fun!!!

What is your souce for the PNG images? I need a train, plane, and (not auto) but a bus!

I notice that MS Word has clip art images. Can these by converted to PNG format?

As for Google Maps, it looks like I need to do a little practicing to capture the map. Would you give me the ten-second tutorial on how you captured the map?

Thanks to everyone else for the input and searches.

Valued Member

Postby mfunk » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:48 pm

Dick,

That was my Atlantis show (http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 3917&alb=0) you're referring to (with the plane flying from San Antonio to Paradise Island, Bahamas.)

SSMAKER,

I downloaded the plane .png from one of the Proshow forums. I'm still trying to figure out who created the 3dplane.png to thank them for uploading the file. For the Google map, I just went to Google maps and zoomed into the area I wanted to capture. Then I clicked fn/prt screen (both buttons at the same time). Then I opened Photoshop and pasted the map (Control V) which had been saved to my clipboard with the fn/prt screen step.

Many of the PNG images were downloaded free online. I went on a downloading frenzy a while back and downloaded GBs of freebies. I did purchase a digital scrapbook package called Of Land and Sea which included some of the sea shells, net, etc. The sand background image was downloaded free from the MorgueFile website: http://www.morguefile.com It's a great resource for free high resolution images. Some of the seashell images were created using free Paint Shop Pro tubes I found online.

I'm not sure about the MS Word clip art images. If they don't have the transparent background you could always remove the background in Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.

Thanks for watching the show. We had a blast. We'll be returning in July this coming year.

Michelle

Return to Odds & Ends